2015/05/15 22:29:38
komposer
Is there anybody out there who has had a positive Rap Pro install on Windows?

2015/05/16 02:08:48
Anderton
Have you checked the CCC lately? Seems like there have been some fixes.
2015/05/16 07:56:10
BobF
I have experienced most of the problems others have reported but that hasn't stopped me from replacing DimPro instances with RapPro in a couple of current projects.  Even though they are using legacy DimPro programs, the load on my DAW is noticeably less with RapPro than DimPro.

Other than those projects I've only been able to noodle and explore a bit with RapPro as I'm not a heavy synth user.  So far I like what I'm hearing and they way it's presented.

Overall for me, I'm happy to be able to use RapPro as an improvement over DimPro while eagerly awaiting updates to solve some of the annoyances.
2015/05/16 10:54:19
Kamikaze
I don't seem to have any off the loading issues, regards time (loads quick enough) or missing packs (though only 2 have been installed).

Within Sonar I don't have any issues, works fine. Stand alone won't launch the ASIO platform though, so I can't use stand alone, but I have no desire to, soo can't be arsed to chase Cake about it. Nothing came of my previous efforts to get issues resolved with development team or technical support, so I won't waste my time on something I don't care about.

@Craig, cool, I hadn't checked CCC

2015/05/16 13:13:01
Kamikaze
Anderton

I haven't upgraded my Rapture Pro since I purchased 2 weeks ago. Still the same version showing in my account and CCC. Are you sure there has been a fixes release recently?
2015/05/16 13:56:38
Doktor Avalanche
Once you've tackled getting the program you want (that's most of the issues) it's fine from there really providing you stick to Sonar. Tricky with other DAW's.
2015/05/17 19:17:59
promidi
Anderton

I just checked CCC (at 17th March, 7:00pm Boston time) and there are no rapture Pro updates available. It still shows version 2.0.0.480

Are updates staggered so as not to overwhelm the content hosting servers when everyone at once goes "engage"?
2015/05/17 21:17:03
Anderton
Are you Windows or Mac? The Windows version in my CCC is showing 2.0.1.488. [ooops - please see major correction in subsequent post]

I was about to detail my tale of woe trying to update Rapture Pro. It would not update the .dll itself and gave me the option to abort, retry, or cancel. I hit retry numerous times to no avail. CCC also posted a message that said the Matrix button .bmp resource could not be replaced.

What the error message SHOULD have said was "Hey, dummy, do you realize SONAR is running in the background and you have an instance of Rapture Pro inserted? Just sayin.'"

Doh.

For whatever reason Rapture Pro is behaving itself. All the libraries are there are everything is working. I have run across some patches with issues (e.g., tuning on some acoustic instrument notes, a click at the beginning of the note, that sort of thing) but everything is stable enough to do some serious patch development. The Performance controls are great, not just because of performance options, but because you can program several easy-to-access variations within a single patch.

2015/05/17 21:32:00
promidi
Anderton
Are you Windows or Mac? The Windows version in my CCC is showing 2.0.1.488.

I'm on Windows 7 32bit (32bit due to legacy Yamaha SW1000XG which is for my Bread and Butter MIDI files).  I suspect you are seeing 2.0.1.488 because you would be on Windows 64bit.....  hopefully the 32bit version will be updated soon

Note:if I could, I would jump to 64bit in a heart beat....
2015/05/18 01:02:41
Kamikaze
I'm on Windows 64 bit and still 2.0.0.480 is only in CCC and the Store for me. CCC showing the green light.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account