2017/11/23 21:53:31
Amicus717
I don't recall seeing this DAW mentioned recently in the various conversations about Sonar alternatives (although I may have missed it):

http://en.ntrack.com/index.php

I don't actually know much about n-Track Studio, and the last time I checked in on it (more than a few years ago), it looked way different and seemed like a one-programmer-in-his-basement type of show. Doesn't seem that way now. Be curious to hear from anyone who's ever used it...There is a 10 day trial version for the curious...And their top flight version is on sale for Black Friday for $71.40 (40% off)

2017/11/24 22:22:14
soens
I bought it last year. Very small company. It's extremely limited compared to professional DAWs. It also had a host of issues that made it difficult to use. IMO. One was the fact that after paying for it, the plugins should have been "released" to use in other DAWs, but they still say "only available in paid version" or some such. The company said they would fix it but never did. The version I have can't even be used anymore as I've tried to activate it "too many times". I wrote them for a fix and they never responded. Best $50 I ever wasted. IMO. Nice to see they've upped the price. There are way better offerings for that price range.

BTW, my demo version would add an audible tone every so often during playback making anything you create unusable.
 But so does the MixBus demo.
2017/11/24 22:37:32
Amicus717
Sounds like a delightful approach to customer service. Thanks for the warning.
2017/11/25 09:12:58
soens
Not to sound overly negative but its got a long way to go to be of any serious use. Mixbus 4 is a much better deal right now @$29. n-Track is $41.40 & $71.40 but comes with a 30-day MBG.
2018/02/27 15:26:16
guitartracker
I've used n-Track for a few years now and I'm totally happy with it. I use it mainly to make bases and record guitars, and it's quite good at that. It used to have some stability issues a couple of versions back, but it's been steadily improving from I think version 6. I had a couple of activation issue over the years but their support has always quickly solved them.
2018/02/27 19:01:02
cclarry
Version 9 just became available

n-Track Software has released n-Track Studio 9. The new version features a new look, new audio plug-ins and improved workflow tools.
Redesigned GUI
The user interface sports a new graphic design and many improvements to editing capabilities on the timeline. It also adds an on-screen drum kit and improvements to Piano Roll MIDI editing.
New audio effects
n-Track VocalTune is a new plug-in that is designed to make vocals pitch perfect. A user can optionally select the musical scale their track must follow and adjust the amount and speed of the correction. Using VocalTune a user can do anything from simple pitch correction to completely transforming vocal tracks.
Connect a guitar straight to the computer, drop n-Track Guitar Amp on a track and hear the tones that the plug-in extracts from the guitar. Three amplifier heads are included: Sparkle is a warm toned twangy head, Crunch adds more distortion for heavier or rock sounds and Lead goes all out to extend the musical palette to metallic rhythm and lead sounds. The new Guitar Amp plug-in features new algorithms that simulate the sound of classic amp heads, and real impulse responses taken from vintage and modern cabinets models. A user can also choose different microphone types, and play around with the mics positions on the cabinet.
The new n-Track Bass Amp plugin uses the same technology of Guitar Amp to feature bass amp head simulation. The plug-in lets a user choose between various cabinet models, for sounds ranging from deep, driven basses to more present and high-end rich ones.
Integration with the Songtree online music community
n-Track Studio brings music collaboration inside your DAW environment. The new integrated Songtree window lets you make music with others online. Get another musician into your project, or contribute to a song started by others.
Price: 3 editions at ntrack.com:
  • n-Track Studio Standard / $69.
  • n-Track Studio Extended / $139.
  • n-Track Studio Suite / $179.

Read more at  [link=http://www.ntrack.com]www.ntrack.com  [/link]
2018/02/28 01:19:02
toddbooster
Read this post, thought "let's check it out". Installed, ran, thought "Hmmm. Looks like Logic". Opened a blank project, made a track, inserted an instance of Slate VMR and it immediately crashed. Poof. Gone. I gave-up after that. I guess that's my review.
2018/02/28 02:01:10
toddbooster
Oh, but the splash screen is nifty!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account