2018/02/02 21:03:05
Primetime
Why isn't more people using samplitude? it's beautiful...
2018/02/02 22:30:49
Soundwise
Samplitude is powerful, no doubt about it, but has its workflow shortcomings, like lack of plugins/instrument browser, dated routing, poorly designed take manager (take composer is great, though), awful audio quantize functionality (Melodyne to the rescue)... End of the list. This and frequent ASIO buffer drop-out should be fixed long ago, but Magix doesn't seem to care. I guess that's why people buy something else. Besides that, Samplitude Suite used to cost $999, which is not the most affordable solution for hobbyists. Also, lower grade DAWs like SMS and MMM were buggy, which turned potential buyers away.
2018/02/02 23:05:55
kitekrazy1
Also having terrible entry level and free products doesn't help.   Would you ever buy a PRS if the SEs were crappy?
2018/02/03 02:46:40
Zo
Beautyfull is not the word ..... at all .... lol ...

Powerfull , yes ....exellent for. Post .... disrespectfull for create and production people lol
2018/02/03 10:04:37
marled
I do not really agree what is said here above.
In my opinion Samplitude is currently the best replacement for Sonar. I had always a version of SMS because I liked their synth Revolta with some really awesome and diverse sounds, IMHO much better than all synths of Cakewalk. And I also think that Samplitude's look is much more attractive than most of the other DAWs (but not so nice like Sonar's). And concerning their "terrible entry level" stuff I am convinced that if you are really creative you can take out a wonderful sound of any instrument or FX.
What I agree is that there is no plugin manager, but I solved this issue by creating my own folder-organized VST path for Samplitude (with subfolders EQ, Dynamics, ...). That is quite okay. Also the regular price had been really high in the past. But I purchased Samplitude Pro Suite in December with this incredible offer (150 EUR) just because I wanted SpectraLayers Pro. At that time I even did not know about the decline of Sonar. Later on I tested a couple of the most famous DAWs and in the end I came back to Samplitude. Finally the choice of a DAW is a matter of taste!
2018/02/03 11:11:34
paulo
Had a look at it, didn't hate it, but didn't feel inclined to buy it either as it was like stepping back in time with the menu arrangements (lack of). The crossgrade deal did seem too good to be true, but ultimately I felt that at least for as long as Platinum works that I would  most likely never use it. Spectralayers and such is all very clever, but not something I'm ever likely to need either.
2018/02/03 13:17:40
emwhy
It is a very powerful program. The object editing is an awesome feature that I like very much. The UI is OK, not great, but once you get comfortable it's workable. My main complaints are that it's not as efficient as SONAR with its CPU usage. Certain plug-ins will not distribute their load evenly across the cores and I have an i7. It is also buggy. Now some of this is due to 3rd party stuff not playing nice. In general most of the things that cause me grief in Sonar also cause me grief in Samplitude. Things like Drumagog, NI Battery with certain types of rex files etc. But some of Samplitude's internal stuff causes issues like its elastic audio. I've had more crashes with that than anything. All this being said it was relatively quick and easy to get up and running. Overall I will stick with SONAR, but I am gradually migrating over to Samplitude and Reaper. I have a 5 song project that my band will be starting later this month and I may just use one of those 2 programs vs. Sonar since I've gotten comfortable with both.

2018/02/03 13:49:04
bwbalint
I like the program overall, and I really liked the bundle with Spectral Layers. A few things that change my work include being unable to drag and drop audio/midi files. And being unable to put sends on the master bus. There are also some limitations on use of control surfaces. I love the options of the Birdskins and the ARA integration. Never clicked with Studio One. But I do keep coming back here to Cakewalk for the forum activity which I don’t feel Samplitutude nor Cubase have.
2018/02/03 14:38:50
S.L.I.P.
I think is a great DAW! I wish they had a plugin manager, but overall I'm really enjoying working with it. 
2018/02/03 15:10:43
emwhy
You can edit the plug-in .ini file and arrange things in categories. I think there's a youtube video somewhere. This was a feature prior to the X series that they took out but will hopefully put back in with some future update.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account