2018/02/03 17:06:32
riojazz
Although I'm using Mixcraft for easy stuff, I've been experimenting with Samplitude.  These two comments about the plug-in manager are very helpful:
  • Markled - What I agree is that there is no plugin manager, but I solved this issue by creating my own folder-organized VST path for Samplitude (with subfolders EQ, Dynamics, ...).
  • Emwhy - You can edit the plug-in .ini file and arrange things in categories. I think there's a youtube video somewhere. This was a feature prior to the X series that they took out but will hopefully put back in with some future update.
Thanks!

2018/02/03 18:27:47
S.L.I.P.
A user on the Samplitude forum created a plugin editor. I have not tried it. Here is the link:

http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude/index.php?/topic/49995-ini-file/

You need to be signed into the Samplitude forum to view the thread. 

2018/02/03 19:02:37
emwhy
I couldn't get this to work, even after watching the video about 10 times. I think this was developed for Pro X2, and I'm on Pro X3, maybe there's some subtle differences.

2018/02/03 19:21:11
scook
It is another take on editing the ini file, nothing more. It does make a safety copy of the original ini in the folder where the ini resides.

The current plug-in layout is similar to the old SONAR default - all plug-ins layout. IOW, VST3 are sorted by category, VST2 are sorted by the directory layout on the hard drive and DX plug-ins are sorted by vendor. The exceptions are the VST3 plug-ins that all into the fixed categories at the top of the plug-in list for Samplitude FXs. In this case, the plug-ins are appended to the appropriate sub-menu.

That said, a more sophisticated layout manager would be nice. I started to look at writing one but have decided to wait and see what MAGIX has in mind. They continue to tinker with the layout with every update.

2018/02/03 19:54:30
Soundwise
I think Sonar has the best plugin manager. I sorted every plugin and instrument the way it seems most logical to me and now miss this functionality in all other DAWs I've tried. Also, nice and clean routing in Sonar is top-notch. No other DAW has such an elegant implementation of track routing, although most do have powerful routing options. An lastly, comping in Sonar is a breeze. E.g., in Reaper it's easy to mess the perfect comp by accidentally clicking on a wrong chunk. In Samplitude takes are easy to use, but they do not provide any visual information unless chosen. Take Composer tool seems nice, I haven't used it much yet.
And one of the most useful features in Sonar - auto track zoom - is a must have for every DAW. But unfortunately, it's not found anywhere.
Had all these features been implemented in Samplitude or Reaper, i'd jump ship immediately. As of now, I'll stick with Sonar as long as possible.
2018/02/04 03:42:48
SimpleManZ
How far behind is Samplitude? I did the $149 buy and is getting up to speed with it. But, whooah! Should I slow down or look elsewhere.

The MIDI Manufacturers Association (MMA) has formally ratified the MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) enhancement to the MIDI Specification. MPE enables electronic instruments such as synthesizers to provide a level of expressiveness typically possible only with acoustic instruments.

The following products support one or more of the features of MPE:
Digital audio workstations (DAWs) 
  • Bitwig 8-Track & Studio
  • GarageBand macOS
  • Logic Pro X
  • Reaper
  • Steinberg Cubase
  • Tracktion Waveform
Software synthesizers 
  • Admiral Quality Poly-Ana
  • Cycling '74 Max
  • Equator / Equator Player
  • FXpansion Strobe2
  • KV331 Audio SynthMaster
  • Madrona Labs Aalto
  • Madrona Labs Kaivo
  • MainStage
  • Native Instruments Reaktor
  • Softube Modular
  • Spitfire BT Phobos
  • Stagecraft Addiction and Infinity
  • Symbolic Sound Kyma
  • UVI Falcon

Mobile apps 
  • NOISE
  • Seaboard 5D
  • GeoShred
  • GarageBand iOS
  • Moog Model 15
  • AniMoog
Hardware synthesizers 
  • Artiphon INSTRUMENT 1
  • Audiothingies MicroMonsta
  • Axoloti
  • Deckard's Dream
  • Endorphin.es Shuttle Control
  • Expert Sleepers FH-1
  • Futuresonus Parva
  • Haken Continuum
  • MOD Duo
  • Modal Electronics 001 / 002 / 002R
  • Modor NF-1 / NF-1m
  • Polyend Poly
  • Snyderphonics MantaMate
These DAWs and synthesizer plugins can be used with certain MPE Controllers by following the setup guides provided by the MPE Controller maker:
  • Ableton Live
  • Audio Modeling SWAM Engine
  • Digital Performer
  • FL Studio
  • iZotope Iris 2
  • Native Instruments Kontakt
  • Pro Tools
  • Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Trillian
  • Studio One
  • U-he Diva
  • Le Sound Reshape
2018/02/04 18:36:05
InstrEd
I think we have to wait and see what Samplitude X4 brings to the table before casting judgement.
That is why I brought several DAW's for the crossgrade price. I'll settle in on one or two.

2018/02/04 19:53:28
riojazz
Yes, I also bought Samplitude, and Mixcraft, at the incredibly good crossgrade prices.
2018/02/04 21:10:23
emwhy
Wondering what the pricing would be like for ProX 4. Rumor has it Magix may go with a subscription based plan but I have no way of knowing if that's for sure.

2018/02/04 22:06:05
paulo
emwhy
Wondering what the pricing would be like for ProX 4. Rumor has it Magix may go with a subscription based plan but I have no way of knowing if that's for sure.

That was the other thing that made me wary of it tbh. Things that seem to good to be true usually are and I suspect that the cost of bringing/keeping up to date will be the payback.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account