2018/02/04 22:37:34
dubdisciple
It's a very powerful program that suffers from many of the same shortcomings as sonar, buggest of those is a workflow totally not in line with the modern pop styles youth are attempting to create. Of course it's possible to make make the latest Arianah Grande or Migos song in samplitude, but just not likely.
2018/02/13 20:29:01
jmasno5
I wish I can give an opinion about Samplitude.  Looks nice but I can't figure out why I constantly get clicks when recording a test track.  I've tried many record settings.  There is no issue with my interface when I use SPAT or Studio One.  I will see what Tech Support comes back with...
2018/02/13 21:05:11
Paul P

I just crashed Samplitude selecting undo twice.

2018/02/14 15:24:23
jmasno5
I think I solved my recording click/dropout issue with Samplitude.  I changed the driver from the Focusrite ASIO to the Magix 2016 driver.  

2018/02/14 15:43:02
emwhy
My friend has an older Scarlett, 1st Gen and Focusrite hasn't provided any updated drivers since 2014. Samplitude gave him a lot of grief until he switched to the Magix drivers. This seems to be a common problem with Focusrite stuff. Glad you solved the issue.

2018/02/14 21:54:47
Jeff Evans
emwhy
My friend has an older Scarlett, 1st Gen and Focusrite hasn't provided any updated drivers since 2014. Samplitude gave him a lot of grief until he switched to the Magix drivers. This seems to be a common problem with Focusrite stuff. Glad you solved the issue.

Not sure if this is correct. The last Windows driver in my Focusrite account in 2016. It is version 2.1.4. For those on a Mac they have just updated the Mac driver.

I am also not impressed with a program that requires you to ditch the actual Focusrite drivers that they provide and use another driver instead.  How do you know you are getting the best performance from the Magix drivers.  In fact no other DAW from what I can see makes you install a different driver.  Studio One allows you to install the manufacturers driver which is the way it should be.

For example if you are running the Clarett interface over thunderbolt you have to use their driver in order to get that great performance.

Focusrite Control also provides all that signal routing and stuff. What happens to all that?

2018/02/14 22:44:12
jmasno5
Jeff,
I see what you mean.  However, the latest PC driver for my Scarlett is in fact 2014.  I assume there is an issue with that particular driver and do not think Magix forces their driver on you.  I'm actually glad their driver was an option.  I also have Samplitude on a backup computer that is hooked up to an even older Presonus Firebox. (Remember that interface?)  I am able to use the firebox drivers with no problem with Windows 10 and Samplitude.   I bet if I had a 2nd gen Scarlett or a new Clarett there would be no issue.  Since 2014 there has been a new OS and many Windows updates.  I have faith that Samplitude is keeping up but I know my 4 year old Scarlett 18i20 is not. 
2018/02/14 23:25:36
Dickie Fredericks
It won't allow me to make the mixer full screen. Deal breaker. Mixbus has stupid tiny eq knobs that are so small you cant read em. Deal breaker.
2018/02/15 01:08:55
jmasno5
Try a different skin.
2018/02/15 01:40:41
emwhy
Not sure if this is correct. The last Windows driver in my Focusrite account in 2016. It is version 2.1.4. For those on a Mac they have just updated the Mac driver.

Is it first or second generation? There is a difference and some of the first gen stuff doesn't have any new driver updates. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account