• Software
  • Cakewalk Rescued by bandLab (p.2)
2018/02/23 22:50:48
BassDaddy
abacab
I really just don't get the need or the reason for all the Craig bashing.  Is it because he wore a Gibson 'suit' for a while, and that means he is now the 'man' to blame?

From where I sit, all I see is a man who spends a great deal of his personal time helping others to use their tools and create music.  Anyway, for a journalist and musician, a bit of self promotion never hurts ...

Yah, no kidding.
2018/02/24 00:44:44
Westside Steve Simmons
I have nothing but praise for Craig Anderton.
I hope he's involved. There are all sorts of great people from sonar the company and the community that I hope will stay in the loop.
WSS
2018/02/24 12:25:08
Westside Steve Simmons
Fleer
Also here: http://cdm.link/2018/02/a...acquired-cakewalks-ip/

Well I just pulled the trigger on a Microsoft Surface Pro so...
WSS
2018/02/24 16:05:20
jude77
Sir William
I'm not bloody forking out again for software I've already bought lifetime upgrades for! The small print stinks!

[[ I’m an existing or old SONAR user and have questions about my old account or subscription or want a refund.

BandLab Technologies did not acquire the operating company of Cakewalk Inc., only the complete set of intellectual property, patents, trademarks and certain assets necessary or related to the entire Cakewalk product suite.

For users of Cakewalk from before 21st February 2018 – please refer to the original Gibson/Cakewalk announcement FAQ ]]

I certainly can't blame you for that sentiment, but the good news is that it looks like previous SONAR owners will get the new version free!! 
2018/02/24 17:49:54
clintmartin
Bandlab doesn't owe anyone anything. I'm grateful they have purchased it. I can keep my preferred workflow into the future...that is worth a lot to me.
2018/02/26 15:19:08
batsbrew
don't care about the sonar thing anymore..
have moved onto studio one.

i used sonar for 10 years and loved it.

i would not wait to see what was going to happen, back in november, when i had set the date to create my new daw build

now that it is done, i'm quite satisfied.

2018/02/26 15:30:43
pwalpwal
clintmartin
Bandlab doesn't owe anyone anything.

very true, but some people do seem to be putting their eggs into that basket
2018/02/27 15:09:14
Jim Roseberry
Over the years, Craig has done a lot for our industry.
I'm going to guess he's done a whole lot more to educated/instruct/help and spread the love of all things "Electronic Music" than those who are making snide remarks.
I used to go to Craig's seminars when he came to town.
Used to read his articles in Music magazines (yes, printed magazines)... dreaming of the day I'd have a full studio.

Craig has a vast knowledge (decades of experience) across all facets from playing guitar/keys to the technical side.
This is why he was a perfect liaison while at Gibson. 
He's able to bridge the gap between the musical and technical sides. 
Not many folks have that breadth of knowledge/experience.

I've had the opportunity to "talk shop" with Craig several times at GearFest.
Even for the most tech savvy of musicians, you'll always walk away with something useful.
2018/02/27 17:06:38
BassDaddy
The anti Craig stuff is not surprising considering who's doing it but I don't see how any of it can be connected to the BandLab purchase. Craig sure has earned gracious conversation from me. Haters gotta hate, I guess. He was awonderful asset to Sonarites. Now he's Studio One. I moved to Studio One and I'm glad he's there. If you gave away One hundred dollar bills on Ebay you wouldn't get 100% positive feedback. I think this is another example of that.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account