2015/04/28 14:07:30
fb.seeker
Appreciate you folks hard work.  Look forward to using your new sound system

This 71 year old man put on his Star Trek uniform and rushed down to Command Center.
Currently all system are go and feverishly downloading the sound ammunition I need(want).

Thank you!
2015/04/28 17:04:08
ShellstaX
fb.seeker
This 71 year old man put on his Star Trek uniform and rushed down to Command Center.
Currently all system are go and feverishly downloading the sound ammunition I need(want).

Downloading? Can't you just beam it up?
Keep an eye out for Klingons on the starboard bow!
Live long and prosper.
2015/04/28 17:30:46
ShellstaX
On a more serious note ...

What's your thoughts on how the installer will handle Steam installs?
I guess it looks to the Registry for prior installs/locations rather than trawl you drives?
Does it do moves, copies or links of/to Rap/Dim content?

Background:
I have both regular path Rapture/DimLE and Steam Sonar X3 Producer (including Rapture and DimPro).
I have purchased Platinum from the Cakewalk Store (crossgraded) but am yet to install (pending decent inventory/backup/cleanup).
I have now also purchased Rapture Pro (via JRR group - effectively CCC). My intention is to install Rapture Pro ahead of Platinum and as a typical/auto CCC install (and retain my Steam installs - not so fussed about regular path Rapture).
[EDIT]: I'll probably just do 64bit, if that's an option.

[EDIT2]: I'd prefer the installer to not see my Steam Multisamples directory as primary, but rather create it's own and link to the old locations (and/or there be an option to merge to the new or desired location).
2015/04/28 20:10:28
gswitz
Ok to use Sonar while installing?

Edit: Answer is yes for the download. You get prompted for standard install once download and file verification are complete.

Edit: After Installing All things for Rapture Pro only the root node failed to install. I had to right click it and choose install again.

Edit:
First Launch looked bad at first...

It turned out to be Windows Defender scanning all the new files. 
The screen stayed white, but the synth worked with a default setting. 
Waiting it out solved the problem and the Synth works properly. It took long enough for me to take several screen shots, experiment with the synth, google the process causing the issue and post this message. So it took some time.
2015/04/28 23:47:25
rebel007
Under the Edit/Options arrow there is the button to "Open User Guide". This does nothing for me (i.e. no user guide opens). Can you tell me where it is expected to be installed so I can find it manually?
2015/04/28 23:53:42
Doktor Avalanche
Works OK for me. Try not running Sonar as administrator or vice versa.
2015/04/29 01:14:32
rebel007
ok thnx Dok, I'll try that. I did find the guide too, so it's just the shortcut that's not working
2015/04/29 05:48:24
aries
Rapture Pro activation?.

Sonar Platinum can be installed on an offline computer and activated.

Rapture Pro can be installed on an offline computer, but how do you activate it?. I can only find references to Command Centre activation. Is this a oversight to be corrected?.
2015/04/29 06:37:10
werewindle
Here we go again hit the same bug as with DPro one of the expansion packs (Vol2) crashes during initial extraction phase with "another program is currently using this file" still waiting for Cakewalk to get this corrected. In this case I decided to wing it and run the pack installer from the temp directory only question is does anyone one know what is that last set of samples in this volume the extraction had got as far as 15 - Strings and they have now installed.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account