2015/04/29 01:16:17
kotrance
Hello, 
 I just installed Rapture Pro and I am having issues with it in FL Studio and as a Standalone. In FL, the vst will load correctly but the second I hit a note on the midi keyboard or assign a midi note to it, it holds the note/sound in the instrument and wont stop playing it. The only thing to stop it is to delete the instance of Rapture Pro. If I don't hit a note on first load up/instance of Rapture Pro and i click on the mixer tab, then back to browser, the GUI gets scrambled and then FL Studio crashes prompting a window that says "Access Violation"  Also, when i use it as a standalone on my desktop, it sends audio to both my outs on my interface. My main outs are 1/2 on my Kontrol 6  interface but when i play anything it shoots signal to 3/4 also... 

On a side note, why is it that when you start the installation setup for x64 bit, there is a section that says "VST 2 Installation Destination"  but once installed, there is only a VST3 .dll, no VST2 anywhere, not even in the directed installation destination?

Thanks,
-Kurt 
2015/04/29 17:29:52
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
kotrance
Hello, 
 I just installed Rapture Pro and I am having issues with it in FL Studio and as a Standalone. In FL, the vst will load correctly but the second I hit a note on the midi keyboard or assign a midi note to it, it holds the note/sound in the instrument and wont stop playing it. The only thing to stop it is to delete the instance of Rapture Pro. If I don't hit a note on first load up/instance of Rapture Pro and i click on the mixer tab, then back to browser, the GUI gets scrambled and then FL Studio crashes prompting a window that says "Access Violation"  Also, when i use it as a standalone on my desktop, it sends audio to both my outs on my interface. My main outs are 1/2 on my Kontrol 6  interface but when i play anything it shoots signal to 3/4 also... 

Thanks,
-Kurt 

Hey Kurt, welcome to the forums! We have a rad support team that would be able to help you out with this. You can email them or call them. 

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Contact

Secondly are yo installing and running the 32bit version or the 64bit version of Rapture Pro?

kotrance
  On a side note, why is it that when you start the installation setup for x64 bit, there is a section that says "VST 2 Installation Destination"  but once installed, there is only a VST3 .dll, no VST2 anywhere, not even in the directed installation destination?

Not too sure what's going on with the VST 2 path, but Rapture Pro so far acts as a VST3 in most hosts. I'll get back to you about this ASAP!
-DG

2015/04/30 21:45:10
kotrance
Hey, 
   Thanks for the link! I'll send them this... To answer your question though..  No, i am installing the 64-bit version and running it with 64-bit FL studio.
2015/05/01 08:35:47
c5_convertible
Just to confirm... I have the same issue in FL Studio 12 64-bit. Don't have the issue in Sonar Platinum nor in Cubase 8.0.10.
2015/05/01 12:32:02
weeman182
I have the Same issue in Reaper i think this is related to the VST2 plugin as i only think VST3 is supported by Cubase as its a unique design which allows additional midi perameters. Any help? My issue only occurs in loop cycle mode when the first note begins after the first loop. Its related to the plugin as i have deduced other possibilitys - its like when you need a MIDI panic button the note just doesnt end.
2015/05/01 15:33:16
c5_convertible
I've tried both the VST2 and VST3 versions in FL. No luck on either one. The VST3 works perfectly in Cubase Pro 8. I haven't tried the VST2 in cubase though.
2015/05/01 15:49:29
DaveGlynn

I can confirm that both the 32bit and 64bit versions of the VST2 plugin do not show in Cubase Pro 8 on Windows 8.1.

With the VST3 version I am also getting hung notes and random crashes.
2015/05/01 19:21:54
kotrance
Glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues. I hit up tech support the other day but still no response :( 
2015/05/02 13:36:16
p.a.wallis
Can confirm am also having issues detailed above in 32 and 64 bit versions in FL studio 11 and 12 with VST2 and VST3.(32 and 64 bit versions of Rapture Pro)

Further more having the same hanging notes issue in Plug and Mix Chainer running in Protools 10 

In a positive Appears to run OK in Reaper 32 bit and can load Rapture pro and rewire Reaper into FL 
Runs Fine in Cubase 5 
2015/05/02 14:27:13
weeman182
P.A have you tried this in loop mode?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account