• Software
  • My Hammond Organ VST/Plugins Review (p.2)
2017/08/23 11:54:56
Fleer
That's how I understand it, Leee.
This is what I got from KVR (Jay/bug music):
"GG Audio did just announce that this last update includes a standalone rotary plugin (which is cool enough on it's own), but they forgot to mention one of the best things in this latest version IMHO.
There is now a second stereo output from the plugin, which is a dry signal taken from just before the pre-amp and Leslie emulation.
This makes for a lot of flexibility, and gives you (in effect) an "effects loop" to add your own plugins in line before adding the Leslie plugin.
And to hear something really cool, you can just add the rotary plugin to the second "dry" output, and suddenly you've got dual stereo Leslie's (playing with the different speeds makes for some really cool, and funky, modulation madness).
Also the rotary plugin sounds pretty awesome on guitar tracks too, the "custom" cabinet setting really nails that early Jimmie Lee Vaughn/T-Birds Vibratone sound !"
2017/08/25 00:59:11
Leee
Fleer
Also the rotary plugin sounds pretty awesome on guitar tracks too, the "custom" cabinet setting really nails that early Jimmie Lee Vaughn/T-Birds Vibratone sound !"

I doubt there are many Poco fans here, but since the late 60's Poco's pedal steel guitar player Rusty Young attached his PS guitar to a Leslie amp and it sounded very close to an organ. When I was much younger and before I knew about such things, I'd listen to their live records and hear this cool organ in the mix.  But the album cover, which listed all the band members and what they played, never listed anyone playing the organ.  For years it drove me crazy trying to figure out who was playing the organ.  I think he might have been the first pedal steel guitarist to combine the two, saying, "Who needs a keyboard player?"  (says the keyboard player...me).   That's okay I emulate guitars on my keyboards, I guess it's only fair guitarists can emulate keyboards on their guitars. :)
2017/08/25 18:47:38
BassDaddy
There's a few Poco fans around.
2017/08/26 00:38:20
Leee
BassDaddy

A few.
Many people consider the band the "minor league" for The Eagles, since several ex-Poco members went on to join The Eagles, including Timothy B. Schmit, one of my favorite bass players. 
Some of the best harmonies ever to come out of a band.  Right up there with CSN&Y and The Beach Boys.

2017/09/04 19:18:03
tonyzub999
I'm one. Loved Poco back into the day.
2017/09/04 22:25:16
LAGinz25
Leee
BassDaddy

A few.
Many people consider the band the "minor league" for The Eagles, since several ex-Poco members went on to join The Eagles, including Timothy B. Schmit, one of my favorite bass players. 
Some of the best harmonies ever to come out of a band.  Right up there with CSN&Y and The Beach Boys.

I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but there was nothing musically minor league about Poco in any way. In addition to the personnel already mentioned, there was also ex-Buffalo Springfieldites Ritchie Furay and Jimmy Messina. An excellent band.
2017/09/05 01:09:49
Fleer
Mmmm. Jimmy Messina. Loved that geezer.
2018/02/23 01:58:13
Leee
LAGinz25
Leee
BassDaddy

A few.

I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but there was nothing musically minor league about Poco in any way. In addition to the personnel already mentioned, there was also ex-Buffalo Springfieldites Ritchie Furay and Jimmy Messina. An excellent band.

Kind of off-topic, but Poco is one of my favorite bands (I'm seeing the current lineup in April).  When I used the term "minor league", it wasn't meant that they are any less talented than say The Eagles.  "Minor League" in this context applies to two meanings: 1- The Eagles have taken two bass players from Poco.  2- The Eagles are major league only when it comes to commercial success compared to Poco.  I actually like Poco better than The Eagles, and I think if the original members of Poco (from their first album, "Pickin' Up The Pieces") would have remained in the band, they might have found that major league commercial success that has eluded them for most of their careers.  The members who left Poco: Furay, Meisner, Messina, Schmitt, have all found greater success after they left the band.
2018/02/23 03:14:23
Kamikaze
Poco seem to be some kind of secret. No one ever talks abut them, even when discussing music of this period such as Steely Dan I loved the album cover with the horse as a kid, and used to pay the album when my dad was out (not that I wasn't allowed to play his records, but that he was always doing so when he was in). I remembered this a while back and Youtubed them, apprehencive the wouldn't sound as I remembered. They didn't dissapoint.

2018/02/23 03:36:21
Kev999
Leee
This is the list of all the Hammond Organ VSTi's...

One elusive feature that I would really like is a rotating Leslie speaker that can be sync'ed to tempo. Is that possible with any of the available organ softsynths?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account