• Software
  • My Hammond Organ VST/Plugins Review (p.3)
2018/02/23 11:31:05
Glyn Barnes
Kev999
Leee
This is the list of all the Hammond Organ VSTi's...

One elusive feature that I would really like is a rotating Leslie speaker that can be sync'ed to tempo. Is that possible with any of the available organ softsynths?

Have you looked a Melda's Mrotary? www.meldaproduction.com/MRotary This has tempo sync and a whole lot more if you are looking to go beyond the pure Leslie simulation. I don't have this one but you can try the demo if you want to see how the tempo sync works in practice. Melda have 4 random plugins 50% off each week so its worth looking out for that.

2018/02/23 22:17:58
Kev999
Glyn Barnes
Kev999
Leee
...Hammond Organ VSTi's...

...a rotating Leslie speaker that can be sync'ed to tempo. Is that possible with any of the available organ softsynths?

Have you looked a Melda's Mrotary? www.meldaproduction.com/MRotary This has tempo sync and a whole lot more if you are looking to go beyond the pure Leslie simulation. I don't have this one but you can try the demo if you want to see how the tempo sync works in practice. Melda have 4 random plugins 50% off each week so its worth looking out for that.

Thanks. I'll check that out.
2018/02/24 00:26:57
Cactus Music
Two topics dear to my heart- B3's and Poco. I played every one of their songs at that time. And Rusty's B3 on the steel was brilliant. Best Country rock band of the era. 

I've been on a quest for a good organ as I use it in more than half of my backing tracks. My main "band" is drums, Bass, Piano and Organ.  I rarely use anything else. For years I played with a keyboard player so I was spoiled. But she has retired from live music and I'm on my own. To me Keyboards are an equal to the guitar in Rock and roll. 

For 10 years I was using Organ 3 in TTS-1  Wow. that hurt's to even admit it, but it's all I had. 
I grabbed this DFS sound center Hammond from the Cake store on sale for something under $10 a few years ago. For the life me I could not figure out how to install it so I never tried it out. I think it was to show in Dim Pro? 

I got the DB33 with the Air expand pack deal for $40? a year ago and have used that ever since. The sound quality meets my expectations and it's added a 100% boost in quality to my tracks. That and Air's Mini Grand. 

I'm not that happy with the DB33 response to the rotary CC1 events. It certainly seems to respond differently than the TTS-1 did. I find I have to  push the amount higher to keep it spinning. So it's almost easier to re play the parts and add the correct feel to the rotary speed, to me that is an important part of an organs presence in the song is that speeding up and slowing down thing. 

So thanks for the review I will have to check these others out for sure. I spend a lot of money on guitars, I don't mind investing in a top notch Hammond VST. 

2018/02/24 03:12:22
Cactus Music
So when I got home I downloaded the DFS Hammond to work. Turns out it dumps into the Cakewalk Sound center which is 32 bit. Boring, I wasted $10 on that one. I'm going to download and try the demo of this GSi - VB-3  your all raving about. 
2018/02/25 00:47:09
Kev999
Glyn Barnes
Kev999
...a rotating Leslie speaker that can be sync'ed to tempo...

Have you looked a Melda's Mrotary? www.meldaproduction.com/MRotary This has tempo sync and a whole lot more if you are looking to go beyond the pure Leslie simulation. I don't have this one but you can try the demo...

So I went ahead and installed a trial copy of MRotary. Unfortunately it crashed Mixbus immediately after loading it into a project. After that it wouldn't even close from Task Manager and I ended up having to resort to pressing the computer's reset button. It seems to work OK in Sonar though.
2018/02/25 08:34:00
Glyn Barnes
Kev999

So I went ahead and installed a trial copy of MRotary. Unfortunately it crashed Mixbus immediately after loading it into a project. After that it wouldn't even close from Task Manager and I ended up having to resort to pressing the computer's reset button. It seems to work OK in Sonar though.
Melda make very frequent updates and their plugs are being improved continuously. It may be worth dropping them a line explaining the issue.
2018/02/25 12:08:56
Kev999
Glyn Barnes
Kev999
Melda make very frequent updates and their plugs are being improved continuously. It may be worth dropping them a line explaining the issue.

I didn't see any "Support" link on their website.
2018/02/25 12:53:08
SmokeyJ628
There's a Contact link on the menu on their site. It's for support.
2018/02/25 18:36:41
Kev999
SmokeyJ628
There's a Contact link on the menu on their site. It's for support.

No menus to be seen but I found a "Contact us" link. Thanks.
2018/02/25 19:07:10
mcdoma2000
Although it's not released yet, it will be interesting to see how ikmultimedia's Leslie product will sound.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account