• Software
  • Sonar Platinum at Guitar Center (p.4)
2018/02/16 04:14:58
abacab
A.I. running amuck...
2018/02/16 12:02:07
Frank Harvey
sharke
Which suggests to me that they don't have a clue what they're talking about. I am 99% sure that an automated ETA was added to the item without any human input, and the representative who emailed me doesn't have an effing clue about what's going on with Sonar. It's just sloppy stock management and typical of Guitar Center. I replied asking for clarification, but I'm not holding out for any coherent answer. 

Mention of Automated  ETA...........Sorry .......BUT Stand By..... :) ........................................................
"HELLO"!.....and
WELCOME TO 'JOHNNY CABS'................err...AHH...'I Am Suffering a 'TOTAL  RECALL' event.............SO sorry ...but we are NOW known as ... 'JOHNNY SONAR".
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PLAY TODAY ?
Please inject your authorized WAV.............NOW !!!
"Repeat ...................Inject  Now"
We did not receive your input.
 Are You OK ?
We must refer such faults.
Please inject your authorized WAV.............NOW !!!

You MUST report this Audio distortion OR receive significant Demerits.
2018/02/16 13:58:54
Mesh
Does this come with a free Les Paul?
2018/02/16 18:46:59
Stone House Studios
Mesh

Just read that Gibson is in real financial straights; while not exactly new news to the music community - it shows that the struggle is real, and that quality and pricing have been issues for a long time. Long enough to eat away at everything!

Brian
2018/02/16 18:47:09
emwhy
For those of you with access to Sirius/XM on the volume channel (106) yesterday they spent a good hour or so talking about Gibson's issues and possible pending bankruptcy. They had a guy on who brought up some of the bad decisions the company has made over the past several years. Things like focusing on consumer electronics and not really on guitars. He mentioned how they sold their factory and warehouse to pay off debts and it still wasn't enough. Then he mentioned how Gibson "pissed off" a lot of people by ending development of their DAW, he didn't mention SONAR by name, but he said it had a very big and loyal online community. 

As for this deal at Guitar Center, sounds like someone needs to make some $$, either the retailer or Gibson. Maybe this is good and it means the servers will stay running longer.

2018/02/16 20:39:14
michaelhanson
Mesh

I'll take another LP!  If it does, I'll pay for an upgrade.  
2018/02/16 20:41:37
bdickens
Guitar Center is about to kick the bucket, too. So it makes perfect sense.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
2018/02/16 20:42:57
michaelhanson
emwhy
For those of you with access to Sirius/XM on the volume channel (106) yesterday they spent a good hour or so talking about Gibson's issues and possible pending bankruptcy. They had a guy on who brought up some of the bad decisions the company has made over the past several years. Things like focusing on consumer electronics and not really on guitars. He mentioned how they sold their factory and warehouse to pay off debts and it still wasn't enough. Then he mentioned how Gibson "pissed off" a lot of people by ending development of their DAW, he didn't mention SONAR by name, but he said it had a very big and loyal online community. 

As for this deal at Guitar Center, sounds like someone needs to make some $$, either the retailer or Gibson. Maybe this is good and it means the servers will stay running longer.

It seems to me, the fact that this forum is still running means something.  I don't know why it would be kept open if Gibson wasn't at least checking into all of their options.  
2018/02/16 20:47:17
Mesh
michaelhanson
emwhy

It seems to me, the fact that this forum is still running means something.  I don't know why it would be kept open if Gibson wasn't at least checking into all of their options.  

Maybe, they're waiting to see if the price is right before selling?? 
2018/02/16 20:55:15
sharke
I received clarification from GC:

Thank you for your recent inquiry. You're definitely right, Cakewalk is defunct, and it was an error on our part. that 3/5 date might have been leftover info from before they went out of business, but we're definitely not expecting any more stock on that now. The page now says 'we're sorry, we no longer carry this item."

Sorry for any confusion regarding that product availability. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account