2018/02/17 10:05:41
mudgel
I have all the Waves plugins. I’ve had the occasional problem with Waves Central but generally as a product I’m still to find better. As for UAD being better because they are more expensive, it’s only been a recent decision by Waves to have continuing plugin specials. U til then I’d sa6 that the pricing of waves and UAD were pretty similar. I started with a UAD Quad Card but found it far too expensive for plugins.

I use waves along with the Digigrid system so I can offload fx processing to a DSP Server. An excellent Ethernet solution to using plugins and moving audio around.
2018/02/17 12:53:19
abacab
If you hyphenate 'Waveshell' you gel Waves-hell...
2018/02/17 14:26:34
BassDaddy
"Doctor, Doctor, I was at the Cakewalk Forum and I got  hyphenated." "OK, drop your pants and say ah."
2018/02/17 15:18:45
Grem
Why do we always end up with our pants down?
2018/02/19 21:44:30
BassDaddy
...and turning our heads and coughing.
2018/02/21 18:06:58
Starise
The best part of the setup Waves has is this: Imagine your computer dies. Have your licenses on a usb drive? No problem. Download the shell on another computer, plug in the usb drive and you're good to go.
The alternative is to hunt down every single company you bought plugs from, attempt to remember the login info you set up like 5 years ago. Get the serial numbers or the auth file or whatever for each and every plugin you own. Ouch.

Now off with ya...enough of this clownery :)
2018/02/21 18:22:50
Grem
The Waves licenses deal had a bad rap in the beginning and Istayed away from them for a while. But I got one plugin and worked with it and ......well.... you know the rest of that story!

IT has it's advantages for sure, no doubt. Still has some room for improvement.
2018/02/21 18:25:12
rsinger
The other plugins I have allow me to install and use on two or more machines. I have a DAW and a laptop and can work on either machine. With Waves I have to move licenses from the DAW to the laptop. I have some Waves plugins, but nothing I would use live and although I like their plugins they are generally at the bottom of my list because I have to move the licenses around.
2018/02/21 22:14:01
marled
I am installing my plugins on the 2nd PC. And again I am fighting with those stupid installers (they cost me a lot of my lifetime). This time it is not the Waves one, but it is always the same, many of those programmers simply miss common sense.

A lot of those installers:
  • download the whole crap again when you want to install on a 2nd computer. They give you no opportunity to copy from the 1st computer (here is Cakewalk much better than others, because you can copy the downloaded files to the Command Center!).
  • must first update themselves (I wait, I wait, ...).
  • do not let you remove single components.
  • do not clearly define where they install the plugs and the resources (some things they even don't let you define).
So boys don't tell me about this super cool Waves Central and other fairytales!

Starise
The best part of the setup Waves has is this: Imagine your computer dies. Have your licenses on a usb drive? No problem. Download the shell on another computer, plug in the usb drive and you're good to go.
The alternative is to hunt down every single company you bought plugs from, attempt to remember the login info you set up like 5 years ago. Get the serial numbers or the auth file or whatever for each and every plugin you own. Ouch.

Now off with ya...enough of this clownery :)

No, the best part of the USB stick is, if you lose it, because you always have to carry it around. Or if it's not your computer that dies, but your USB stick!
2018/02/21 22:33:51
batsbrew
just installed waves platinum bundle on a brand new PC DAw build this last weekend..

the straight up installer would never load,
so i did the 'off-line' installer, put it to USB, loaded that up, worked like a charm.
downloaded the files, installed in about 10 minutes.

has been working perfectly,
i've already trial-mastered an entire album using the plugs.

dig it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account