2015/04/29 23:01:09
ischumacher
I just bought Rapture Pro. I downloaded the install program directly from the product page (not using Command Center). I installed it and it complained that wasn't activated (demo mode) and I'd need to login to Command Center to check activation status. This was the first I'd heard of "Command Center", but whatever. So I download Command Center and install Rapture again. I get the same message. I uninstall everything and delete the directories to make sure they are empty. Reinstall. Same thing. I uninstall again, delete directories and delete all registry entries I find using registry editor (just in case). Same thing. I uninstall again, etc. Make sure to run program as administrator. Same thing. I have no idea how to make this thing work! Any suggestions?

Screen Shots attached to give full context.

Command Center showing installed Rapture Pro components.  I have blacked out my serial number because I'm not sure how secret that is supposed to be.

Rapture Pro message:

2015/04/29 23:02:47
ischumacher
Hmmm Image URLS I inserted dissappeared. I'll try again.

[Update] Okay I see I can edit messages so I got it to work in original. Removing images here.
2015/04/29 23:03:49
scook
Must use C3 to authenticate see http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3213775
2015/04/29 23:06:25
ischumacher
I used C3. I didn't first time (assuming was the usual process). Then when it didn't work I searched and saw I was supposed to use C3. So I did (see screenshots). No luck.
2015/04/29 23:16:59
scook
Sorry none of the C3 stuff was showing when I replied. Don't have a clue why authentication did not happen using C3.
2015/04/29 23:39:26
ischumacher
Hmmm somehow I got it to work. I uninstalled everything including "Command Center" this time. Deleted all directories including any Command Center ones. Reinstalled. Was totally surprised when I started Rapture Pro this time and no message popped up. I'm still kind of waiting half-expecting a message sometime later on, but I've closed and started it a few times and ya, it seems to be working now.

I know piracy is a problem, but the hoops paying users have to jump through are getting higher and higher.
2015/04/30 00:43:55
ischumacher
Now that it is working I do want to say that it is very good and I am loving the large instrument selection, the large number of variations and the high quality sound. This is the definitely the best sampled instrument program out there for the money. Everything else costs an absolute fortune for a fraction of the content.
2015/04/30 01:21:40
mcl
It has been a very long time since I last commented on these forums but thanks to Rapture Pro returning to the Mac, here I am.

And unfortunately with the same problem as the OP. All from C3. Unlike the OP I cannot activate the product. Most likely related, two of the core libraries will not install and remain 'red' although they do in fact appear to be installed. Several runs (installation) attempts later, no luck.

All this on an iMac 5K running 10.10.3 ( a very recent replacement for the Mac Pro that originally moved me away from Windows & Cakewalk back in 2008).
2015/04/30 04:21:24
RockIngenieur
mcl
It has been a very long time since I last commented on these forums but thanks to Rapture Pro returning to the Mac, here I am.

And unfortunately with the same problem as the OP. All from C3. Unlike the OP I cannot activate the product. Most likely related, two of the core libraries will not install and remain 'red' although they do in fact appear to be installed. Several runs (installation) attempts later, no luck.

All this on an iMac 5K running 10.10.3 ( a very recent replacement for the Mac Pro that originally moved me away from Windows & Cakewalk back in 2008).

This is exactly what happens to me as well. Which of the libraries are remaining red in your case? Here as well, they are getting installed with success, but remain red.

I am on a MacPro (2010) running 10.8

2015/04/30 13:48:56
ischumacher
I'm not a Mac guy, but I was reading through the Rapture Pro manual and it says you need to install using an admin account. I assume you probably did, but just a thought.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account