• Computers
  • Recommendations on buying PC desktop (p.3)
2015/12/04 22:06:15
myconsumerclub
I had an I7 laptop die and my desktop did as well so I am getting the following built this weekend.
COOLMASTER HAFXB EVO TESTBENCH/LANBO CASE awesome in that it has handles on either side for carrying it. 
CORSAIR 750W CXMOD 80+BRZ ATX Power Supply
CORSAIR 32GB 4X8 D4 2666 VGN C16 memory
OEM WIN8.1 64BIT ENG 1PK DVD windows operating system
ASUS X99PRO USB3.1 LGA2011E ATX motherboard
INTEL BOX INTEL CORE I7 5820K CPU
SAMSUNG  250GB 850 EVO SSD hard drive main one
COOLMAST HYPER 212 EVO UNIV HSF fan
ASUSCOMP HD6450 1GBD3 LP SLNT PCIE video card
ASUS 24XSATA DVD BURNER OEM 
$1,299.90Tax »$107.24Sale TOTAL »$1,407.14 for the parts $129 is what they charge for putting them all together. hope the other drives I already have are all usable. 
 wish me luck getting it done at microcenter. 
just need to add a decent touch screen monitor anyone know a good one to get?
2015/12/06 23:39:47
myconsumerclub
ViewSonic TD2220 Black 22" USB Optical Multi-Touch Full HD LED backlit monitor 200 cd/m2 1000:1 Built-in Speakers got this from new egg for $250 so not a bad deal.

2015/12/20 21:40:16
letyourlightshine
myconsumerclub
I had an I7 laptop die and my desktop did as well so I am getting the following built this weekend.
COOLMASTER HAFXB EVO TESTBENCH/LANBO CASE awesome in that it has handles on either side for carrying it. 
$1,299.90Tax »$107.24Sale TOTAL »$1,407.14 for the parts $129 is what they charge for putting them all together. hope the other drives I already have are all usable. 

Did you get it made?Where is micro center,did you order the parts?And they put it together?
2015/12/20 21:42:58
letyourlightshine
Larry Jones
If you are in a family where gifts are at the level of a Macbook Pro, you won't have any problems. Just get out your credit card and call Purrfect Audio or ADK. Don't mean to be flippant, but these are purpose-built machines made by people who understand audio requirements.

It was a wedding gift from my wife because I always would talk about how slow my computer was,and complain about problems I was having.And she knows music is what I love,and I make it  every single day.She surprised me,I would have rather she gotten a very fast PC,but she made the decision herself.It was a one time gift,most of the time we don't even buy things for each other,or we buy cheap.
2015/12/20 21:43:39
letyourlightshine
Mesh
Also, another alternative (if you're inclined to do this) is to build your DAW. It's a great way to customize/select all the components specific to your needs and get the satisfaction of knowing exactly what's in your machine (in case something goes wrong). You'll also have complete control of what software gets to be installed.

Just need to do some research to make sure there aren't any compatibility issues and the good folks in here will also help you along the process (like they did for me).

Heck, if an amateur hobbyist like me can build one, anyone can. 

I would love to build one,but the prospect of doing it intimidates me.
2015/12/20 21:47:52
letyourlightshine
Joe Barnett
Thanks Mesh!
"The i7 is generally a common favorite for a DAW and it's favored much more over the AMD. 
If your budget can afford it, go i7 I say. :))  "

I need to get a new computer for music.
I will get  i7 for sure!   Thanks!
I will get  i7 in an ASUS Desktop PC.

My music computer just died and I need to get a new one now - Sept. 9, 2015

I have been using my writing laptop as my music computer to get by until I get a strong music computer going again.

We have been using Cubase for our last 25 albums, but I am now switching to using SONAR Professional.

I also do much of my software music through Reason 8.3

What is cubase like as opposed to sonar,reason,ect.One of the only ones I haven't tried,seems you can't even try demo with out steinberg usb thing,which is freaking stupid,in my opinion.I wanted to check it out
2015/12/21 23:10:59
jbow
You have a good wife! I remember the days when we had nothing but I don't remember ever being unhappy.
You will get something good. You already have someone good!
You'll get the tech help you need here. I'm no good at that but congrats on marrying well! You even look happy!

Julien
2015/12/22 01:13:52
letyourlightshine
jbow
You have a good wife! I remember the days when we had nothing but I don't remember ever being unhappy.
You will get something good. You already have someone good!
You'll get the tech help you need here. I'm no good at that but congrats on marrying well! You even look happy!

Julien

Thanks man,i've been pretty discouraged in the music department.So thanks for your encouraging and kind words.
2015/12/26 16:40:24
hollo
myconsumerclub

I had to change my PC also and get a very similar setup (except my motherboard is ASROCK)
Works wonderfully. All of my performance problems are solved.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account