2015/11/03 00:49:04
tenfoot
The ability to pin frequently used folders to the start screen in Sonar would be brilliant!
2015/11/03 01:34:04
noynekker
I can see this being a great addition to the new start screen.
2015/11/03 08:12:15
BobF
+5 based on the =assumption= that this implies basic support for folders to organize templates in order for there to be folders to pin  :)
OP - Can you please be very specific about what you want to pin folders for?  I can imagine folders being used in the start screen several ways, so I'm not sure what you have in mind.
2015/11/05 10:39:13
VariousArtist
+1 gets my vote.

It would be nice if recently visited folders appeared so you could easily pin them from there. It would need to be the folders above the project folder (which may complicate things but that would seem to make the most sense)
2015/11/05 11:28:06
tenfoot
BobF
+5 based on the =assumption= that this implies basic support for folders to organize templates in order for there to be folders to pin  :)
OP - Can you please be very specific about what you want to pin folders for?  I can imagine folders being used in the start screen several ways, so I'm not sure what you have in mind.

I was thinking more along the lines of pinning shortcuts to parent folders the contain multiple projects Bob, but both would be great:)
2015/11/05 17:28:56
arlen2133
I like this idea.  I usually file my projects in bulk in folders so being able to pin various folders to the start menu would help a lot.  Gets my vote!
2015/11/09 06:43:15
icontakt
BobF

Voted. There are too many project templates (including those from previous versions) and unfortunately the big thumbnails make it harder to find a desired template. While I usually only use my custom template, I sometimes need to access those prepared templates in order to test something. I put them into a folder yesterday and they disappeared from Start Screen. 
2015/11/11 21:37:36
ricoskyl
I like the approach, but maybe there's a better solution.
Would it be a good solution if there was a list of shortcuts (file shortcuts, not keyboard shortcuts) that could be browsed from the start screen?  Using this approach, you could create a shortcut to a project folder, frequently used templates, long-term projects, etc.  Add a tab on the left called "favorites" but let the user define what belongs there.
2015/11/11 23:39:38
BobF
ricoskyl
I like the approach, but maybe there's a better solution.
Would it be a good solution if there was a list of shortcuts (file shortcuts, not keyboard shortcuts) that could be browsed from the start screen?  Using this approach, you could create a shortcut to a project folder, frequently used templates, long-term projects, etc.  Add a tab on the left called "favorites" but let the user define what belongs there.

My preference would be to have the ability to traverse whatever hierarchy is established via folders/subfolders, which is the native structure.  Supporting shortcuts within this structure would of course be natural as well.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account