• Software
  • What are you replacing the SONAR-only plugins/PC Modules with?
2017/11/25 00:42:54
mumpcake
I'm not sure I'm even jumping ship any time soon, but in case I were, I am curious to know what replacements I should make.

For example, the Blue Tube series is locked, but I can get the full version for $79 from JRR.
BREVERB and TH3 are locked, but I could upgrade to the full version.  Plus there are a lot of other options for reverb and amp sims that I already have.

I like the tape sim in PC.  Nomad Factory's Magnetic II should do the trick.

I'm not sure about what to replace the console simulator with.

There are also a few DX plugins that I use, for example TTS-1 is nice to have when sketching out a few things and occasionally the Roland GrooveSynth can have just the right cheesy patch.  Is there a DX wrapper?  (funny, 15 years ago I was trying to wrap VST into DX, now am going in the other direction).  
2017/11/25 00:51:48
cclarry
Studio One already has the Console Shaper plugin built in
and they also have a Console collection.

I would imagine it would depend on which direction you
were headed.
2017/11/25 01:20:44
mumpcake
I'm probably not headed in the Studio One direction, but it is nice to know.
2017/11/25 04:41:41
Markubl2
I love that Blue Tube pack.  May go for the full bundle.   Is that a normal price on JRR, or Black Friday?  Hold old are those plugins? 

Going to Cubase. 
2017/11/25 04:41:45
Markubl2
I love that Blue Tube pack.  May go for the full bundle.   Is that a normal price on JRR, or Black Friday?  How old are those plugins? 

Going to Cubase. 
2017/11/25 06:51:49
Eddie TX
mumpcake
I'm not sure I'm even jumping ship any time soon, but in case I were, I am curious to know what replacements I should make.

For example, the Blue Tube series is locked, but I can get the full version for $79 from JRR.
BREVERB and TH3 are locked, but I could upgrade to the full version.  Plus there are a lot of other options for reverb and amp sims that I already have.

I like the tape sim in PC.  Nomad Factory's Magnetic II should do the trick.

I'm not sure about what to replace the console simulator with.

The Blue Tubes plugs are well over ten years old, but yeah, they're still kinda cool. They (and other NF plugins) go on sale periodically, so I wouldn't spring for them at full price just now. 

For console/tape sim, may I suggest TAPEDESK by Overloud, who developed the Sonar console? It's on sale right now and is one of the best console/tape emulators around. Maybe a little pricey (a bit more than a C-note) but well worth it, I think. You'll find the console selections and controls familiar, anyway, and it includes the Neve, Trident, and SSL models.

Cheers,
Eddie

2017/11/25 08:02:44
mumpcake
I think that is their sale price on BT.  I'm definitely looking at picking that up as I would like to use them in Bitwig.

I didn't know that the console was by Overloud, but I'll have to look at the TAPEDESK.
2017/11/25 08:23:16
dubdisciple
The bluetube pack occassionally goes on sale for dirt cheap. I like them enough to use in sonar now and then, but honestly would not have purchased at full price.

I am looking for something similar to concrete limiter
2017/11/25 15:25:43
Markubl2
They are selling their Full Studio pack for $99.  Is this a good deal?
2017/11/25 17:14:11
Glyn Barnes
I have a fair level of redundancy on most plugins. I tend to favour the pro channel for the workflow but with T-Racks and stuff from Melda, Waves and others I have some decent options. The one I will particularly miss is the quad curve EQ, but that's down to its interface more than capability and sound.

I may now upgrade T-Racks next time there is a sale.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account