• Software
  • What are you replacing the SONAR-only plugins/PC Modules with? (p.4)
2017/11/28 02:36:17
abacab
TTS-1 DXi still opens in Reaper!  Cheers!!!
2017/11/28 06:47:58
Resonant Serpent
pwalpwal
there's nothing like tts-1 for throwing downloaded midi files at

If you open a generic multi-track MIDI file with Cubase, it loads a GM set in Halion to play it back. I've only found a couple of files out of hundreds that wouldn't load properly.
2017/11/29 00:57:58
Fog
dubdisciple
Melda autodynamic is a great product. Doesn't offer the emulations if quadcurve but does offer so much more and better value than fabfilter

I like both vendors, and I don't class the melda things in the same league, yes they are very good and I bought the "all you can eat" bundle long ago, so the value aspect is stupidly good now.. but for fabfilter to ask me for the prices they do, they themselves know they REALLY have to justify it. they hold their value due to that reason.

2017/11/29 01:15:27
Magic Russ
Resonant Serpent
pwalpwal

If you open a generic multi-track MIDI file with Cubase, it loads a GM set in Halion to play it back. I've only found a couple of files out of hundreds that wouldn't load properly.

Who else offers similar functionality?
2017/11/29 02:22:47
abacab
Magic Russ
Resonant Serpent
pwalpwal

Who else offers similar functionality?

As far as I know those are the only two, Reaper (with DXi TTS-1) , and Cubase with Halion Sonic SE.

The rest of the info I have seen requires a DX-VST wrapper that only certain DAWs support.
2017/11/29 02:33:56
djwayne
Waves had a Cyber Monday sale on plugins, here's what I scored.......

Abbey Road reverb plates

API 2500 Stereo Compressor

C6 multi-band compressor

Manny Marroquin reverb

SSL G Master Buss Compressor

VU Meter

Scheps 73 EQ
2017/11/29 07:35:50
musichoo
The big difference between tts1 in Sonar and S1 is when you import a standard midi file into tts1 in Sonar, all the channels were assigned the correct instruments and very little setup is required. Can't do that in S1.
2018/02/16 00:43:58
willif
2 ALL

If U like the Blue Tubes stuff go to: http://store.dontcrack.com where they often sell the Nomad Factory downloadable software for very excellent prices. Nomad has a set called: Integral Studio Pack III which has ALL -  52 - Nomad Factory plug-ins included, regularly on sale for $199.00 USD and as low as $99.00 USD. Blue Tubes complete set is included. Reg price $599.00 USD.

Best of luck all, very sad to see Cakewalk closed.

Sonar Platinum Lifetime (Deceased 2003~2017 R.I.P.)

Will
2018/02/16 01:25:27
abacab
My vote to replace Sonar's ProChannel would be for the new Scheps Omni Channel from Waves. 

https://www.waves.com/plu...he-scheps-omni-channel
2018/02/18 04:43:24
MakerDP
abacab
My vote to replace Sonar's ProChannel would be for the new Scheps Omni Channel from Waves. 

https://www.waves.com/plu...he-scheps-omni-channel

+1. IMO it is far and away better in every respect than any of the ProChannel stuff or anything else bundled with SONAR or S1.

I also got the Waves Gold bundle and the Klanghelm MJUC which is a great mix-buss compressor.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account