• Software
  • Spectrasonics standalone and smart update
2018/01/23 04:44:52
Fleer
2018/01/23 06:18:40
TheSteven
Very cool.
Lot's of of Omnisphere fixes!
Note last item - compatibility break with older Omnisphere versions.  Possibly an issue if you create patches for others.

Omnisphere Software 2.4.0f Includes the following features and fixes:
• New Standalone application 
• Smart Update system enabled
• Remote control loading of patches and multis via MIDI Program Change, CCs or Notes
• “Enter Parameter Value” feature to set parameter to a specific value • Up to 2X GUI magnification options
• New Modulation sources: “3-Step” and “4-Step” and Unipolar sources
• Adds detents to Arpeggiator Speed knob
• MIDI CC learn and host automation can now be used for parameters controlled by menus and radio buttons
• Increases resolution when using Shift key to adjust knobs/sliders values
• Fixes issue where in Logic 10.3 notes could be truncated when transport was started exactly at beginning of a chord
• Eliminates zippering audio artifacts when modulating some parameters
• Fixes issue where re-installing a .omnisphere library caused many dialogs to popup
• Fixes issue where synced LFO lost phase sync when rate was modulated
• Fixes issue where boolean filtering was not working in soundsource browser
• Fixes issue where loading Harmonia presets caused soundsource to get reloaded
• Fixes issue where right-clicking to modulate cutoff with envelope didn't work
• Fixes issue where low-level noise was produced in Mainstage host when chorus effect was on
• Fixes issue where Pro-Verb “Freeze” parameter was not behaving as expected
• Fixes issue where browser category resets to “All” after multiple categories are selected
• Fixes issue where “Undo” caused FX parameters to change unexpectedly after save
• Fixes issue where the LFO Rate param display was incorrect when sync was Off
• Fixes issue with the Arpeggiator on factory patch “Analog Bass Drive”
• Fixes issue where ProVerb “Predelay” parameter did not restore correctly when host buffer is >= 2048
• Fixes issue where Publish Library menu would show no items if STEAM was within folder named “Factory”
• Fixes issue where filter switch was not immediate
• Fixes issue where patches with several Innerspace effect units took a long time to load
• Fixes issue where UVI filter could produce a noise burst
• Fixes issue where Legato samples would only play in one layer
• Fixes crash related to Thriftshop speaker
• Fixes issue where a .omnisphere file couldn't be installed from Windows top-level folder
• Fixes issue where Harmonia waveform menu showed doubled text for Synth Osc
• Fixes issue where Arpeggiator Speed knob could get stuck if adjusting while Alt was pressed
• Fixes a minor memory leak
• Fixes issue where plugin can deadlock when adjusting arpeg parameters
• NOTE: Patches saved in version 2.4 or later are not compatible with older versions of Omnisphere
2018/01/23 19:39:17
Marshall
Very nice - stupid question of the day award - why can't I hear anything when I play my keyboard in the new standalone mode? Where is the options menu? 
2018/01/23 19:45:41
shawker
Press View, top left, for audio/midi options.
2018/01/23 19:54:33
djwayne
I love my new Keyscape stand alone !~~~~~~
2018/01/23 21:59:07
Marshall
shawker
Press View, top left, for audio/midi options.

Thanks - I still have no sound from my physical keyboard in the standalone version, although I do from the virtual keyboard. Omnisphere works perfectly in Sonar and Studio One. This is how I have it set up in the standalone version:

2018/01/24 18:41:51
rsinger
I don't know what the problem is Marshall. I just updated my DAW and used an A300PRO and set it as you have in the image above (A-PRO 1) and it works fine. Different I/F though. When you press a key do you see any activity in the meter in the upper right corner of the Omnisphere I/F?
2018/01/24 21:01:48
bjornpdx
>>NOTE: Patches saved in version 2.4 or later are not compatible with older versions of Omnisphere

The update installed fine on my computer. I wasn't sure if the above warning applied to my edited patches
but they're still there and functional.
2018/01/24 21:19:06
Marshall
rsinger
I don't know what the problem is Marshall. I just updated my DAW and used an A300PRO and set it as you have in the image above (A-PRO 1) and it works fine. Different I/F though. When you press a key do you see any activity in the meter in the upper right corner of the Omnisphere I/F?

No activity in the meter when I use the A-300, but it is there when I do Ctrl+K and use (and hear) the virtual keyboard. I suspect it is to do with the routing on the Focusrite, which I have not a clue about. I suspect that the bit in the middle referring to DAWs needs to be changed, but I am scared to mess around with that in case it screws up my DAW - I only want to play with the standalone Omnisphere for fun really:

2018/01/24 21:54:46
pfl
I can get sound if I use Windows Audio. I’m running a VS100 with the Octacapture expansion. If I ty to switch to the ASIO driver, the program crashes. Goes for the Trillian stand alone also. So it’s Windows Audio for now.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account