2015/01/21 10:11:56
mdages
Many composers who work in film, game and media industrie, are very happy about the VST Expression feature in Steinbergs Cubase DAW. I know some people bought Cubase because of that feature only.

I think, VST expression or something similar is something could be very useful in Sonar too. As today, Cubase is the only DAW with such a technology and maybe it's time to change this.

What is VST Expression?
It's useful for alle people working with huge orchestral sample libraries. It makes possible to hide key- or midi cc switches from the piano and staff view and provides articulation markers. It allows to assign articulations to notes and vst expression automatically know which keyswitch or midi cc is neccesary to provide that articulation.
For more details, check out the web or steinberg website: https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/vst_expression.html

_Markus

Please support this request by clicking on the stars to the left, thanks.
2015/01/21 14:21:03
Living Room Rocker
Totally!  I was expecting this when the Bakers finally adopted VST3.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker
2015/01/21 14:40:31
Edath
Adapting drum maps into visual cues on staff view would be very cool and a nice way of implementing articulations.
2015/01/22 05:00:53
Chandler
I agree this would be great. This is similar to how Notion works. This would improve workflow and allow people to compose without having to try to draw midi CCs or put in key switches all the time.
2015/01/22 16:56:27
Brando
mdages 
 Please support this request by clicking on the stars to the left, thanks.

Right actually (LOL) - but voted yes. Would be a valuable addition to SONAR and would help to round out the VST3 feature set.
Thanks Markus
2015/01/27 07:30:27
mdages
thanks to all supported this FR by clicking to the stars on the Right
2015/01/27 15:17:46
gbar
Definitely.  Just bought the Platinum upgrade, and the painter tool is a nifty time saver to rolling out an ostinato, but... still sad over no VST expression (or something like it in the piano roll view).

Note, I also wish there were a way to record real-time controller data in the piano roll or at least convert automation lanes to midi data in the piano roll easily, but I can probably live with how things are there.  VST Expression, on the other hand, would simplify my workflow tremendously.

2015/01/27 16:14:56
dubdisciple
It typically takes time for other DAWs to catch up with Steinberg when it comes to VST features. Hard to not suspect this is sonewhat intentional on their part since they own the technology. I'm  sure not being at the mercy of Steinberg figured into the decision of Apple to use audio units and Avid to use AAX. I think the feature will eventually come after everyone figures how to make it stable outside of Cubase environment.
2015/01/27 21:32:03
theheliosequence
I think something like this would be great.
2015/06/22 14:29:35
JamieH
Please please please add something like this.  I have been using Sonar (Cakewalk) for about 20 years but I'm actually considering moving to Cubase almost 100% for this feature.  Not sure 1 feature is worth learning an entirely new DAW for, but I'm so tired to digging through my MIDI event list looking for keyswitch commands.  I can't imagine how much time I waste editing keyswitch stuff that could be saved by a feature like this. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account