2015/06/22 15:30:56
stevec
As I understand it, doesn't VST Expression only work with specific Steinberg synths within Cubase?   IOW, it's not a VST feature per se but rather a communication channel between the host and synths specifically coded to work with it?    At least that's what I recall hearing when it was introduced...

So I don't know how practical something like this might actually be, but I would personally use it fairly often.  

2015/06/24 02:40:42
mudgel
Remember that Cakewalk have a new MIDI engine as of Sonar Dorchester. Perhaps they are laying the ground work for these sorts of features in the future.

Look how ARA was developed jointly by Melodyne and Presonus. Now Cakewalk have taken that technology and run with it. Look at Drum Replacer. They mentioned that it had been in development for nearly a year.
2015/11/03 09:16:26
drjee
stevec
As I understand it, doesn't VST Expression only work with specific Steinberg synths within Cubase?   IOW, it's not a VST feature per se but rather a communication channel between the host and synths specifically coded to work with it?    At least that's what I recall hearing when it was introduced...

So I don't know how practical something like this might actually be, but I would personally use it fairly often.  

No. Note Expression (VST3.5) needs to be supported by the VSTi but an expression map can be defined for any VSTi.
And as VST Expression is part of the VST3 standard I guess Cakewalk is free to implement it (as they anyway have licensed VST3). VST Expression (and notation improvements) is what would make me upgrade from my Sonar X3. If it does not come soon, I will probably switch to Cubase ...
2015/11/04 15:27:17
CadErik
drjee
 Note Expression (VST3.5) needs to be supported by the VSTi but an expression map can be defined for any VSTi.
And as VST Expression is part of the VST3 standard I guess Cakewalk is free to implement it (as they anyway have licensed VST3). VST Expression (and notation improvements) is what would make me upgrade from my Sonar X3. If it does not come soon, I will probably switch to Cubase ...

I like the concept of bundling automation and midi notes (or clips?). On the other hand I am not aware of any VST3.5 Software Synth... Is today Halion the only software synth that supports note expression?
Many recent NI libraries seem to use built-in scripts to handle articulations, is that the same idea?
2015/11/07 11:36:11
mesayre
This would be extremely helpful voted to the max!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account