2015/05/02 23:03:59
vladasyn
What's in it? The Clavinet pack is 940 Mb. How many clavinet sounds are there? Are they all really that much different from each other? 940 Mb should be a lot of samples. I don't know if I would ever use it and almost Gb of space on SSD is valuable. Thanks.
2015/05/03 00:56:18
Kamikaze
The clavinet pack was a deciding factor in upgrading, I had ditched DimPro and Rapture earlier in the year. The pack is the only one I downloaded, but it took nearly 2 hours to do so. I didn't get a chance to look at it, but if no one else adds anything I post some info after work today.

The PlaneT pack has me intrigued, so am also interested in more details .

I would really like to see a listing for the whole content, so I can make a better judgement than swamping myself in thing I'll never use, and wasting time downloading (especially with my download times. I'm done enough installing and updating for while.
2015/05/03 01:56:32
vladasyn
Thank you for your reply. What is so intriguing about the clavinet? Please, do check it out and let me know if it even works. So far I can not make any libraries to work. Thanks.
2015/05/03 07:19:26
Kamikaze
Shouldn't this be just in the Browser's Bank section? Under Expansion Pack?
2015/05/03 08:25:10
ShellstaX
Looks like there are only 3 presets for them ... in Rapture Pro Factory Library Electric Pianos ...

( @Kamikaze - I don't have an Expansion bank for Rapture Pro - just for DimPro (legacy), Rapture (legacy) and User)

Clavinet:
  Funky Muted Clav FS
  Resonator Clav FS

SFZs (in Multisamples):
      Clavinet Full Mute On CC1
      Clavinet Full No Muted
      Clavinet Light
      Clavinet Muted

PianetT:
  Delicate Pianet FS

SFZs (in Multisamples):
      PianetT Full
      PianetT Light
      PianetT Releases
      PianetT Reverse
      PianetT Veltrack

The Multisamples are 60 note keyboard ranges f0-e5 at different weightings/recordings.
(Presumably FS = Francesco Silvestre (Fisound))

The Pianet appears to be a repurpose of sample sets used in FiSound's PiAnnette (packaged for Sforzando), but RapPro's being twice the bitrate ... and twice the size.

3 Presets may not showcase the wealth of potential within(?)

An easy way to trial the underlying sounds would be to load the .sfz(s) into Sforzando ... or any sfz player (TX16Wx, sfz(+), Zampler, Alchemy) ... or load them into an element in RapPro and as desired save to a User preset (prog).
2015/05/03 11:41:39
vladasyn
I can not load it unless I install it and I really don't want to install a Gb of samples for few programs it offers. Seriously- that's it? 5 presets made of 1 Gb of samples- no thank you.

Thanks for letting me know.
2015/05/03 15:41:12
Grem
I haven't found any programs with Clavinet.

I have Rap Pro, installed the packs and I can find only one "Clavinet" in the whole bunch when I do a search of "Clavinet" and that's the "Funk Phaser Clavinet" and that's in the Dim Pro Legacy Expansion pack.
2015/05/03 18:59:15
ShellstaX
Grem
I haven't found any programs with Clavinet.

I have Rap Pro, installed the packs and I can find only one "Clavinet" in the whole bunch when I do a search of "Clavinet" and that's the "Funk Phaser Clavinet" and that's in the Dim Pro Legacy Expansion pack.

With respect and at risk of stating the obvious ... did you search for the shortened "Clav" as per the red entries in my previous post?
2015/05/04 01:18:58
Anderton
ShellstaX

With respect and at risk of stating the obvious ... did you search for the shortened "Clav" as per the red entries in my previous post?

Wasn't obvious to me   I tried Clav, and got nine hits. As a public service, I rated each one from 1 (worst) to 5 (best). Aside from Clavinet (which I didn't like) and JM Clav, these are more "clavinet-like" than sampled classic clav sounds.

Clav AZ is quite good, but I would have preferred the chorusing as an option, not baked in. 3
Clavinet is out of tune and has artifacts. If it was sampled properly, it would have been the most realistic clav sound in the bunch but it won't get any use from me. 1
ClaviPiano doesn't sound like a standard clav but I like this one a lot. 5
DiClav has a sort of double attack. Maybe intentional, but I don't like it. 1
FM Clav is okay if you like percussive clav sounds. Wish it had a longer decay. You can always make a long decay shorter, but you can't make a short decay longer. 3 
JM Clav. Nice! Funky, gritty, I like it but might be too rough for some. For me, 5.
Slick Clav. Very "FM" sounding. Good dynamic response. 5
Street Clav. It's growing on me, I can see uses for this. 3
Tuff Clav. More like a synth patch, but "tuff" and useable. 4.

Of course this is all subjective...what I might use might not be what you would use, and vice-versa.

2015/05/04 01:35:23
vladasyn
Thank you for detailed review. Looks like something I can live without. I was thinking- the reason I am missing samples everywhere is because I did not install these packs- was wondering if it has hidden samples for other programs.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account