2015/05/04 04:08:49
Grem
Work around:

I initialized the program.

Then I loaded one of the Clavinet .sfz files I found in the Clavinet folder. It worked.

I then saved the program in the user folder under the name of the .sfz file.

Hitting the sack now. Will play more tomorrow.
2015/05/04 04:26:59
ShellstaX
I have reviewed further and found  ...

The PianetT Pack delivers / is used in the following Presets (progs):

Atmospheric
  Trail of Doom2JAL
Electric Guitars
  Guitarmosphere
Electric Pianos
  Delicate Pianet FS
  Mellow EP 1
  Soft EP 2
  Soft EP
Pianos
  Prepared Piano 1

The Clavinet Pack delivers / is used in the following Presets (progs):

Electric Guitars
  Gothic Plunkton
Electric Pianos
  Funky Muted Clav FS
  Storytime
Pianos
  Speaking Piano JAL
World Instruments
  Harmonic Plunkton

No - I didn't trawl the program elements this time :).
2015/05/04 04:40:01
arachnaut
By using 7-zip to extract the install files I see these sets of programs:

Clavinet:
\Electric Guitars
Gothic Plunkton.prog
\Electric Pianos
Funky Muted Clav FS.prog
Storytime.prog
\Pianos
Speaking Piano JAL.prog
\World Instruments
Harmonic Plunkton.prog

PianetT:
\Atmospheric
Trail of Doom2JAL.prog
\Electric Guitars
Guitarmosphere.prog
\Electric Pianos
Delicate Pianet FS.prog
Mellow EP 1.prog
Soft EP 2.prog
Soft EP.prog
\Pianos
Prepared Piano 1.prog

2015/05/04 05:28:25
Kamikaze
Thanks for both confirming. It's funny the only clean Clavinet uses 122.8 MB but some of the effected type use the 1945.1MB.

Looks like making my own with the Clavinet full Mute on CC1.SFZ is the best option
2015/05/04 08:42:05
dcdandrea
Talk about size. Gothic plunkton uses 2.025 gb. OK patch, but 2gb  worth. Nah.
2015/05/04 15:47:05
Andrew Rossa
Just to confirm, when you search, you need to click on each of your banks to find the search results. Also, your experiences may vary depending on what packs you have installed.
2015/05/04 23:23:54
Kamikaze
I only have one pack installed, and finds 4 programs for a 1.5Gb download a bit disappointing.
2015/05/07 08:30:26
chad
Hi Guys,

FISOUND contributed the sample content for the Clav and PianetT.  The sample content in these packs include full Multi-sampled instruments at 96k 24bit.  Multiple velocity layers, release samples with variations of .sfz files to get you started. if you are into that vibe of old EPs these packs will be right up your alley.  I can give you some more details on the Multisample sfz files included with the content:

The Clavinet is from a Hohner D6 with direct signal and Mics from a 1966 Fender Super Reverb.

Clavinet Full Mute On CC1

This loads the full Clavinet Multisamples.  Attacks, Release Samples, and Muted Layers.  Moving Modulation Wheel MIDI CC1 will crossfade between the normal layers and the muted layers.  Very cool and much easier then sliding the actual Clavinet Mute.  :)

Clavinet Full No Muted

The full Clavinet Multisamples with release layers but no Muted Layers.

Clavinet Light

A lite edition with less velocity layers if you want to create a program that utilizes less RAM.

Clavinet Muted

Just the Muted layers, this can be fun especially mixing with other Clav Wavetables.

Details on the PianetT

PianetT Full

Full Multi-samples and release layers.  

PianetT Light

Reduced set for less RAM consumption.

PianetT Releases

Utilizes only the Release layers, use this to layer with other instruments for adding a bit of funk and clunk.

PianetT Reverse

Plays the Multi-samples back in reverse for special effects and layering patches.

PianetT Veltrack

A variation on the velocity tracking for amplitude on the PianetT Multisamples.  Adjust to taste. 

If you have any other questions on the samples or any issues let me know. 

Best,
Chad
2015/05/07 10:08:24
Kamikaze
Chad, thanks for the break down of the content. I'm not that happy with the Programs supplied with the clavnent, but the SFZ files and samples seem good, and the SFZ multisample format makes creating a new program easy. Interesting to see how how the SFZ files break down. I've been using light, but I may have a play with the full and change CC1 to another available option

2015/05/07 10:44:00
ShellstaX
Hi Chad,

Thanks for the quality samples Chad.

To assist wider understanding wrt some of the posts above regarding size can you/anyone confirm/clarify my rudimental understanding ...

The samples are 96K x 24bit x 1channel = 2304kbps BitRate
All the Clavinet samples  are ~1.5GB (on disk)
All the PianetT samples are ~650MB (on disk)

When calling an sfz are it's memory requirements determined by what it has definitions for /calls to (as opposed to necessarily loading all instrument samples - but might typically be one full keyboard / mic arrangement, velocity layers and releases)? 

So the resource requirements for disk and memory are a direct result of the quality of the samples and the component requirement of the sfz definition. (?)

In the case of 'Gothic Plunkton' (2025MB), it uses:
Mellotron Strings Tape - 25MB
Vint Saw Bitred - 8KB
Clavinet Full No Muted - 1.56GB
GoldTops GTN Powerchords - 57.2MB

That still doesn't add up to 2GB - more like 1.6GB ???
Regardless - still quite a memory draw and of course that'd likely be moreso if the other samples were 96/24.
I'm still running an 8GB machine :)  (which has coped well for my requirements thus far). 

I noticed  also, seemingly moreso for the lower notes, the duration is longer (/size bigger). Is that due to lower notes having a longer sustain?

Cheers,
Shell.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account