2015/05/06 03:17:01
TomHelvey
I'm seeing some weird behavior with Rapture Pro. I can create an empty project, load an instance of RP, grab a preset and everything is hunky dory. RP seems to load quickly enough and doesn't appear to consume a lot of resources.
However, when I load RP into a project with existing soft synths (AD2, Kontakt, Battery, Omnisphere), it takes more than a minute to load and freezes Sonar while doing so (especially on first run), all the while with the disk grinding away. The first couple times it did that, I thought Sonar had crashed, it didn't, it was just really busy.
Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?
2015/05/06 09:01:01
Doktor Avalanche
Defrag your hard drives and disable your virus scanner and let us know if it makes a difference.
2015/05/06 09:20:55
azslow3
RP loads ~1minute for me the first time after reboot (inside Sonar or standalone). Significantly slower then showing possible presets in DimPro or Rapture. On the other hand, it should scan both plus its own list.
2015/05/06 10:40:25
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
azslow3
RP loads ~1minute for me the first time after reboot (inside Sonar or standalone). Significantly slower then showing possible presets in DimPro or Rapture. On the other hand, it should scan both plus its own list.

Still not seeing this behavior on my end. I would advise contacting support to see if they can troubleshoot your system. If you have any more info, that would be very helpful.

-DG
2015/05/06 12:44:57
azslow3
The only question form my side either RP should rescan programs after system restart or in my system something force file structure modification triggering the rescan (so, unexpected from RP side). But I do not think support can answer, only the developer who has written the cache updating strategy.

I guess on modern system (especially on SSD) the difference is hardly noticeable.
2015/05/06 23:06:20
Doktor Avalanche
I saw this today. Probably to do with scan on startup and the Anderton patch via the CCC. If it's doing something important it might help with the user experience that we know about it
2015/05/07 03:41:57
Funkfingers
Have the same issue with RP. Takes least a minute to load and freezes Sonar.
2015/05/07 09:29:40
musicmanrdu
Long load times for me as well. Annoying.
2015/05/07 09:48:32
BobF
I don't recall having *terrible* load times, but after seeing it mentioned I added my Cakewalk program directories, flac/mp3/wav file types and SONARPLT.exe to exclude lists in Windows Defender.  Feels much snappier now to me and I'm not experiencing excessive load times.
2015/05/07 12:45:55
Wookiee
I am seeing slow load both standalone and in SONAR.  It crashed SONAR yesterday.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account