2015/05/07 23:21:18
TomHelvey
It's been sitting there burning a core full blast for the last 20 minutes, I'm going to give it another 5 before hitting the Mark as Invalid button.
To reproduce:
Install the DP8 Demo, scan the Cakewalk VST plugins folder.

2015/05/08 08:00:02
lfm
Is that by choice you install RP in Cakewalk VST and not general VST folder?

I consider stuff in Cakewalk folder being tied to Cakewalk, and something there may be odd in terms of VST scan unless Cakewalk host.
2015/05/08 12:31:17
TomHelvey
lfm
Is that by choice you install RP in Cakewalk VST and not general VST folder?

I consider stuff in Cakewalk folder being tied to Cakewalk, and something there may be odd in terms of VST scan unless Cakewalk host.

Live only has one slot for VST plugins. Having them scattered across the machine means I can't use them. Some plugins (AD2) complain when they are launched from somewhere other than where they're installed. I have a lot of plugins. I haven't had a problem with putting them all in one place. Live, Reaper, Cubase, and DP8 happily scan them there without problems. It's a lot easier to manage them when they're all in one place.
I suspect that I would have the same problem even if I installed RP somewhere else.
After disabling RP DP8 also hanged on Z3TA+ when it got there.

2015/05/08 13:23:28
Doktor Avalanche
TomHelvey
Having them scattered across the machine means I can't use them. Some plugins (AD2) complain when they are launched from somewhere other than where they're installed. I have a lot of plugins. I haven't had a problem with putting them all in one place. Live, Reaper, Cubase, and DP8 happily scan them there without problems. It's a lot easier to manage them when they're all in one place.

Exactly.
2015/05/08 14:01:11
lfm
Samplitude have this one scan folder thingy too, but at least allow you to do cumulative scans.

I had plenty issues with DP scanning plugins(even outside Cake) - don't expect too much from Motu sales support though. You have to buy to get access to their regular support(unless you are Motu customer on something else I suppose).

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account