• Features & Ideas
  • Please make CCC restart a failed download instead of starting over!
2015/11/09 01:01:26
Tom Riggs
I'm downloading the instruments so I can install on my old daw as a backup and mobile rig.

So I already have the files I downloaded previously and copied them into the CCC downloads folder and they install fine. Now I need to install the instruments. I did not do this on my main daw as I already have these instruments installed and they have not been updated so I did not bother.

In the last 2 days I have tried to download the Studio instruments and the artist instruments packs. Both have downloaded to 95% and crapped out because my ISP is crap. It takes 5-6 hours to get the files downloaded just to crap out.

After the first failure I downloaded using firefox. The download still fails before it completes but I can copy the temp file and start over the download, pause the new firefox download and the replace the temp file with the one I renamed (I only need to do this part if firefox is unable to restart the download because the link is too old). When I restart the download it picks up where it left off. Even after several failure and retries I can finally get the file this way. Then I copy it to the CCC downloads folder and install using CCC. CCC checks the files validity and installs perfectly.

So why cant you get the CCC downloader to work this way?

Please, Please Please setup a decent download manager that can handle this issue better. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account