Gibson Les Paul Gold Top (all)   and
    Hollywood Edge FX
Don't Play !!!   Anyone else?
2015/04/30 07:57:22
Doktor Avalanche
Yes.
2015/04/30 08:26:05
TD75
Same here. I listed some patches that weren't playing under Pattern Synths in a different thread. Also of note is the volume differences that occur between some patches.
2015/04/30 09:17:06
kenzak
I see the same issues with the Pattern Synths. Look at the filter cutoff value on those patches that make no sound. I bet it is at zero. Open it up and you should hear sound. I seem to remember this years ago with some patches in the standard Rapture. Not sure why it happens though...
2015/04/30 10:00:24
ShellstaX
Anonymungus!
I have noticed two problems with patches - 
    Gibson Les Paul Gold Top (all)   and
  Hollywood Edge FX
Don't Play !!!   Anyone else?

I don't have those presets (after full install) so what 'pack' are they associated with?

I'm still working through but I have solved some sounds not playing. In my case it's because the MultiSamples for the packs in question weren't in the new MultiSample location.
e.g., my DimPro Multisamples extras were/are associated to my Steam install of Sonar X3 Producer. Whilst the instrument elements of a Digital Sound Factory pack worked (presumably because they used standard sfzs) the vocal elements didn't (because it couldn't find the Multisample sfz). I created a junction (soft link) in the RapPro MultiSamples dir to the DimPro Multisamples DSF dir, reloaded tthe RapPro synth ... all good for that one. Syntax from cmd.exe as:

cd C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples

mklink /J "Digital Sound Factory Volume 3" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common
\Cakewalk\x64\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory Volume 3"

Keep in mind - these are my files as an example. Understand what you are doing before actioning 'hacks'.
2015/04/30 11:37:30
Dan_E10
I had this with some of the patches (show up but no sound).  I had done a manual install without using CCC.  Once I installed some of the packs with CCC those patches did produce sound.  I'm guessing the pack had installed the first time but not copied the samples into the multisamples directory.
Dan
2015/04/30 11:46:18
Geo524
I have several patches that show up but don't play and none of the legacy patches play at all. Is there a way to copy or move the legacy folders so that Rap Pro can see them or should I just re-install them from CCC? Thanks.
2015/04/30 11:48:35
Dan_E10
All I did was reinstall from CCC.  Make sure you point CCC to the directory you downloaded each of the packs to.  Otherwise it will probably try to spend a lot of time redownloading everything.

When I reinstalled from CCC, I noticed that only some of the packs popped up and installation box.  The others just said "extracting" and then the box disappeared.  I'm guessing these are the ones that didn't play for me.
Dan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account