2015/04/30 12:23:27
BobF
I installed outside of CCC, one by one.  Same here as far as some patches (as listed above) don't make sound
2015/04/30 12:48:33
Geo524
Dan_E10

When I reinstalled from CCC, I noticed that only some of the packs popped up and installation box.  The others just said "extracting" and then the box disappeared.  I'm guessing these are the ones that didn't play for me.
Dan

Thanks. I guess I'll re-install the legacy packs. I never even seen an installation box. Only the "extracting files" box that quickly disappeared.

2015/04/30 13:49:49
SimpleManZ
Anonymungus!
I have noticed two problems with patches - 
    Gibson Les Paul Gold Top (all)   and
  Hollywood Edge FX
Don't Play !!!   Anyone else?

The Hollywood Edge FX does not work...
A better solution is found in Rapture Pro 'Factory Library'--Sound FX--presets. In other words, they sound better in there compared to the original Dim Pro.
The Gibson Les Paul Gold are causing crashes; hopefully if they are working on a fix........
2015/04/30 14:04:41
Grem
Anonymungus!
I have noticed two problems with patches - 
    Gibson Les Paul Gold Top (all)   and
  Hollywood Edge FX
Don't Play !!!   Anyone else?

Same here.
2015/05/01 01:49:55
Anonymungus!
   I checked that all the .prog files for the Les Paul Gold Top are in the correct folder & unzipped. When I try to open one, I get a message that reads something about "drive G" which I don't use.
   Will it help to re-download these sound paks?
   I really love those Les Paul patches from Craig A.  -  Anyone know how to fix these non-working sounds?  Please help us, all-knowing, all-giving, all-caring, beautiful Cakewalk gurus.  Thanks!
2015/05/01 03:28:41
ShellstaX
I bet they are still working in Dimension or Rapture too ...

As per my previous post @Mungus ... It's likely that it can't find the necessary MultiSamples/Waveshapes.

Reinstall (rather than download) may pickup or allow you to define the new MultiSamples directory ... but you'll likely be left with 2 copies in 2 locations on disk(s). You may or may not be OK with this.

I haven't installed Platinum/Cambridge yet so can't be specific with regard to the Gold Tops.

Other than looking in the registry, probably the easiest way to find your old Dimension and Rapture MultiSample/WaveShape directories is to right-click in that space on the old synth GUIs as if you were going to load a new one. (not the prog - the waveshape/sample).
You can then either copy or link the pack subdirectory to your RapturePro Multisamples directory (link example as above).

Also in RapPro - you can check the file (sample/shape) it's after by examining the active elements via the mixer and the element numbers at the top.
2015/05/01 06:43:18
Geo524
I re-installed just Rap Pro 32 and 64 bit and checked some of the samples that weren't working. I'm happy to report everything (so far) seems to be working. I haven't gone through all of the samples obviously but even the legacy content plays now and I didn't have to re-install those. Rap Pro sounds fantastic. Is it my imagination or does everything sound better when played through Rap Pro? awesomeness!!
2015/05/01 09:34:36
Anonymungus!
   Thanks ShellstaX, this all makes sense. I'll work on it, I'll get 'em working!
2015/05/01 12:43:53
Doktor Avalanche
Anonymungus!
 I get a message that reads something about "drive G" which I don't use.

Most of us are all experiencing the same issue. There have been workarounds posted in other threads.
2015/05/01 17:01:02
Geo524
Well the patches are still hit and miss. Although I am fairly good with a computer, hacking the registry isn't something I want to even attempt. There are still quite a few samples that aren't playing. I really like and respect Cakewalk and their overall mission, but for crying out loud we shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this and troubleshoot a piece of software in order to get it to work. It should be as simple as install and play like most other software I've purchased. It's not like I've redirected the samples to be installed anywhere else but on my C:Drive

Rant over.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account