2015/05/01 17:20:21
Doktor Avalanche
Sadly I agree. What we do know is it will improve,they have acknowledged which makes them a...OK in my book. So at this stage maybe best to wait for a couple of months for a service pack.
2015/05/01 17:20:22
Doktor Avalanche
Delete.
2015/05/01 17:54:20
Grem
Geo524

It should be as simple as install and play like most other software I've purchased. It's not like I've redirected the samples to be installed anywhere else but on my C:Drive

Rant over.

I with ya on this.

But I have to say that I have a different install situation.

I have Dim pro installed from long ago on another drive. That drive has follwed me around to the different "Home PCs" I have built (yes I still build mine!).

Installed SPlat with C3 and ICR if I let it install Dim Pro or it just did the whole thing by itself. Anyway, I have a SSD and don't want Dim Pro on my SSD, so I have to fix that. And now I wanted Rap Pro to go to my big HD with all my other stuff and.......... It's not a normal situation.

However, if there was something in Rap Pro that allowed me to choose/change where it looks for stuff, problem solved. This has been suggested for both Dim Pro and Rapture long long ago. Have no idea why CW would put out something like this with out this one feature?!!

2015/05/01 18:07:44
Geo524
Doktor Avalanche
Sadly I agree. What we do know is it will improve,they have acknowledged which makes them a...OK in my book. So at this stage maybe best to wait for a couple of months for a service pack.

Thanks. A couple months?!! Yikes. I hope that isn't the case.
2015/05/01 18:14:54
Geo524
Grem
Geo524

It should be as simple as install and play like most other software I've purchased. It's not like I've redirected the samples to be installed anywhere else but on my C:Drive

Rant over.

I with ya on this.

But I have to say that I have a different install situation.

I have Dim pro installed from long ago on another drive. That drive has follwed me around to the different "Home PCs" I have built (yes I still build mine!).

Installed SPlat with C3 and ICR if I let it install Dim Pro or it just did the whole thing by itself. Anyway, I have a SSD and don't want Dim Pro on my SSD, so I have to fix that. And now I wanted Rap Pro to go to my big HD with all my other stuff and.......... It's not a normal situation.

However, if there was something in Rap Pro that allowed me to choose/change where it looks for stuff, problem solved. This has been suggested for both Dim Pro and Rapture long long ago. Have no idea why CW would put out something like this with out this one feature?!!

I know what you mean about being able to direct the samples where you want them to go. We should have that option and by this point and time it should be easy. We're not talking new technology here. Toontrack software makes this task fairly easy. Only thing is (talking to myself here) you have to remember to redirect future ezx packs to that drive once you've chosen the option to do so. Screwed me up big time once.
2015/05/01 21:09:24
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche

Geo524
Thanks. A couple months?!! Yikes. I hope that isn't the case.

It probably is. Cakewalk has built up a reputation to be slow but reliable. They will probably speed up over the next 12 months. Regardless of anything any sensible consumer should have have confidence ... And patience....This is all cool in my book nothing is instant.
2015/05/01 21:23:12
Doktor Avalanche
I forgot to say this is a huge improvement... To be honest they were rubbish until Gibson took over... Now they are getting better and better... Far from perfect right now but it's a brand I am trusting more and more.
2015/05/01 22:56:19
Magic Russ
Addding to the list, Anderton Electronic Guitars, Bass_Round, Bass_RoundDeep, and Bass_Stealth are not making any sound for me.  (odd that I am complaining that something named "stealth" should be quiet...)
2015/05/01 23:02:16
ShellstaX
Anderton Guitars can be linked / copied / reinstalled as per above and other posts on the topic. It probably a good idea to backup any of your LFO directories first as per http://forum.cakewalk.com...120-Chad-m3214969.aspx

[EDIT]: Hold that thought ... the 3 you specifically mention don't work for me either ... taking a closer look.
2015/05/02 00:18:06
ShellstaX
Magic Russ
Addding to the list, Anderton Electronic Guitars, Bass_Round, Bass_RoundDeep, and Bass_Stealth are not making any sound for me.  (odd that I am complaining that something named "stealth" should be quiet...)

Fix:
For those 3 I'm assuming case sensitivity in the .prog(?) So reload the multisamples, and save the prog (suffixed with your initials if you like):

Each have 2 active elements (as seen from Mixer)

Load the Multisamples:
For each of those elements (via the numbers - top center)
Load the sample/shape, in the OSC/SMP region, from your %MultiSamples%\TechnoGuitars directory as:

Bass_Round:
Element 1: sc03(.wav)
Element 2: sc02
(Note: I initially thought I saw these as 'cleanmidpu_1' for both ... but when I went back they were sc03,sc02)

Bass_RoundDeep:
Element 1: octaves_loop_g2
Element 2: sc03

Bass_Stealth:
Element 1: sc01
Element 2: sc01

Save the Progs (for each one in turn):
Via Program Dropdown - top right
Save Program As ...
%Patches&Presets%\Rapture (legacy)\Electronic Guitars\Bass\name_new_suffix.prog
(obviously you can replace the originals if you prefer).

They will present themselves in the Browser when you go back.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account