2015/05/04 09:58:34
Dan_E10
While playing around with some patches I had originally made in Rapture, I noticed that notes would hang when I set velocity tracking above 0 on the filter envelope.  Setting it back to 0 would stop the "hanging" notes.  I tried setting the amp envelope to a really short time, but it didn't stop the hanging notes or affect newly triggered notes.  Setting vel_trk below 0 seemed to work as expected.  This behavior was a little different on a patch I created from scratch.  With amp envelope off, the note would hang as soon as vel_trk was set above 0.  However, once I added an amp envelope, the patch would work as expected.  I did not get this behavior with Rapture which worked as expected in each case.  Anyone see anything like this?

This hanging behavior didn't occur with vel_int.  It was a little hard for me to understand what the difference between vel_trk and vel_int are from the documentation, but I got the impression that vel_int adjust the envelope scaling by velocity while vel_trk adjust the envelope offset by velocity.

This is occurring in Sonar X3 by the way.
Dan
2015/05/04 15:51:49
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Dan_E10
While playing around with some patches I had originally made in Rapture, I noticed that notes would hang when I set velocity tracking above 0 on the filter envelope.  Setting it back to 0 would stop the "hanging" notes.  I tried setting the amp envelope to a really short time, but it didn't stop the hanging notes or affect newly triggered notes.  Setting vel_trk below 0 seemed to work as expected.  This behavior was a little different on a patch I created from scratch.  With amp envelope off, the note would hang as soon as vel_trk was set above 0.  However, once I added an amp envelope, the patch would work as expected.  I did not get this behavior with Rapture which worked as expected in each case.  Anyone see anything like this?

This hanging behavior didn't occur with vel_int.  It was a little hard for me to understand what the difference between vel_trk and vel_int are from the documentation, but I got the impression that vel_int adjust the envelope scaling by velocity while vel_trk adjust the envelope offset by velocity.

This is occurring in Sonar X3 by the way.
Dan

Please PM me with the patch name so that I can try to reproduce this on my end.
-DG
2015/05/05 11:25:28
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Thanks for your PM, I think we've might have been able to figure this one out. Lemme know if you have any more strange things going on with the synth.
-DG
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account