2015/10/07 18:23:01
panup
Insert effect menu would get cooler if there was a submenu with recently added plugins.

Please vote!

2015/10/07 18:42:41
arlen2133
+1 for the recently add slot. 
2015/10/08 07:40:41
Brando
Great idea Panu
+1
2015/10/08 08:54:33
KPerry
With one proviso...like quite a few menus in SONAR (eg. the track input drop-down), the list starts to become very long, so I'd suggest a bit of consolidation at the same time - I hope my text description below is clear:

Insert Audio FX ->
.......................Plug-in Layouts ->
.......................Recent ->
.......................VST 2 ->
.......................VST 3 ->
Insert Soft-Synth ->
Insert FX Chain ->
.......................Empty
.......................Preset
Insert External Insert
FX Rack ->
.......................Bypass Rack
.......................Bypass Racks of This Type
.......................Convert to FX Chain
2015/10/08 10:15:55
stevec
Define "recent"...  

I'd imagine there would have to be a preference (or similar) so that sub-list doesn't get overwhelming, as Kevin mentioned.   And then a mechanism for moving them when they reach that threshold.

2015/10/08 10:45:30
KPerry
And is recent global or project specific?

I hate getting into the details of specs :-)
2015/10/08 11:15:30
panup
I prefer global specific recent menu.  It's easier to implement because project specific would require changes in the CWP file format. Global entries can be stored in one location without too complicated design changes and testing.

MaxRecentPlugins registry value in Current User/Cakewalk Music Software for those who want to adjust number of recent plugins to keep in the list.

2015/10/08 11:32:15
BobF
panup
I prefer global specific recent menu.  It's easier to implement because project specific would require changes in the CWP file format. Global entries can be stored in one location without too complicated design changes and testing.

MaxRecentPlugins registry value in Current User/Cakewalk Music Software for those who want to adjust number of recent plugins to keep in the list.

What he said ^^^^^^
2015/10/08 12:09:14
KPerry
Actually, you could manage changes at project level without changing cwp format: extend the Recent Project List registry key to include most recent n plug-ins' CLSIDs for the m most recent projects...  Or something like that.

Although I do think that global is probably more useful, and it's consistent with the custom plug-in menus which are also global.
2015/10/09 13:58:09
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Can we also have a "This will fix it >"  sub-menu that thinks ahead of you and lists all plugs that you should throw on the tracks (criteria to be user-definable, of course, but something like most expensive, most impressive in case you are watched, ...)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account