2015/10/09 19:13:25
John T
This is a great idea. Like Windows taskbar jump lists.
2015/10/15 14:22:02
brconflict
Recent per project or recent in general?

Great idea!!
2015/10/15 14:24:53
BobF
brconflict
Recent per project or recent in general?

Great idea!!

Global is my preference ... user configurable for project/global scope?  Two lists, one for each - let's go for it!
2015/10/26 19:48:42
...wicked
This is such a great idea. Lots of other programs already have this...and in fact pretty much every program has this concept already existing with Open Recent Files options. If you don't use Cake's Browser scrolling for plugins is still a right royal pain...even with custom layouts. Recent lists for plugins would be great, a huge timesaver when mixing.
2015/10/27 02:26:14
M@
I understand the idea, but it doesn't make THAT much sense to me. If it should be implemented, 'recent' should mean maybe 3 in the list max!.... Like when you are working on a group of tracks that all need similar polishing; and the last used fx are there. A 'recent' list showing the plugins I GENERALLY use most won't really work:
...most people will always have the same 'recent plugins' showing up in the list...(so why not make a favourites folder in the plugin layouts).....and if they ever do add an odd one in then the preferred list will be mixed-up again.
MAYBE: it should not be 'recent', but 'most used' list! showing the plugs most used in say last hours/days/weeks.

... at least this is what came to mind right now reading the post.
2015/10/27 18:10:44
Notecrusher
M@
I understand the idea, but it doesn't make THAT much sense to me. If it should be implemented, 'recent' should mean maybe 3 in the list max!

Dude the number in the recent list is user-definable like all such settings.
2015/10/27 18:50:43
M@
Of course.....point being, what should be listed:
last-used-plugins or the most-frequently-used plugins?
I just think listing the most-frequently-used makes more sense or rather listing the last-used-plugins doesn't make that much sense. I tried to explain why I think so, but it's hard to explain in writing.
(In any case, choice of what type of list should be displayed could then be user-definable as well.)
2015/10/27 20:17:04
panup
> last-used-plugins or the most-frequently-used plugins?

How about option to pin plugin in the menu, like in Windows start menu.
IMO last added plugins would be very helpful but most frequently used would be, too.
2015/11/02 10:32:18
brconflict
panup
> last-used-plugins or the most-frequently-used plugins?

How about option to pin plugin in the menu, like in Windows start menu.
IMO last added plugins would be very helpful but most frequently used would be, too.

My gut tells me the CW answer to most frequently used plug-ins is to create a new custom Plug-In menu template, and leave out any you rarely use. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account