2015/10/28 17:15:21
sharke
I realize this probably isn't going to get a lot of support. But imagine how cool it would be if you could pin a PDF manual into the Multidock so that you could read it while using Sonar. Currently I have the multidock maximized on my 2nd screen and if I want to consult a plugin manual I have to switch between the manual and Sonar which is a pain. It would be great to be able to read it in the Multidock. I have no idea how doable this is but it would be awesome. 
2015/10/28 17:53:54
BobF
I LOVE it!!  I set mine up the same way you described.  Having different PDFs ready and waiting would be great.
2015/10/28 18:45:50
Kev999
I keep all the PDF manuals together in one folder and a shortcut to that folder on the desktop. I suppose a shortcut on the Windows Taskbar would better still.
2015/10/29 02:32:40
sharke
Kev999
I keep all the PDF manuals together in one folder and a shortcut to that folder on the desktop. I suppose a shortcut on the Windows Taskbar would better still.

I do this as well, in fact I keep all my manuals in Google Drive so I can read them on my phone when I'm out and about. The problem with reading them on my PC while Sonar is full screen is that as soon as you shift the focus to Sonar, the manual moves to the back and is hidden. So it's a pain when you're trying to learn something like a synth or plugin. If you could put them in the multidock then you could read them AND work in Sonar at the same time. 
2015/10/29 05:10:09
LJB
Hell, pin ANY text doc into the window - now THAT would be awesome. Notes from clients, scripts, lyrics & chords, Gary Larson cartoons..
2015/10/29 11:52:08
mesayre
I think this could be awesome. Agree with LJB that we could generalize it - sometimes a have a score in PDF that I could put in there as well.
2015/10/29 23:38:43
Notecrusher
On a related topic I'd really like Sonar's context Help to load into a tab like in other DAW's instead of the ancient and ridiculous Windows Help app that blocks everything on your screen. What a nightmare.
2015/10/30 08:08:51
Leadfoot
LJB
Hell, pin ANY text doc into the window - now THAT would be awesome. Notes from clients, scripts, lyrics & chords, Gary Larson cartoons..

Sonar has a lyrics view that you can pin to the control view.
2015/10/30 09:03:27
musicroom
I like this!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account