• Software
  • Poll - What DAW are you switching to if any? Please take part!
2017/12/20 15:03:26
35mm
I thought that while this forum is still here, it might be interesting to see what DAWs everyone is switching to. So I set up a poll.

Simply enter your name (forum handle or otherwise) and select the DAW you are migrating to or Sonar if you are staying put. No signup required and it's anonymous.

It only takes a second so please take part.
The poll is here

I will post the results here once everyone has had ample chance to take part.
2017/12/20 15:39:03
CTStump
Good idea but these things(polls) don't end well. May turn into another "My choice is way better then your choice" knock down drag out.

Look as far as the present those who choose a wait see attitude may be the more mature consumers of all. After the dust settles and time clarifies the situation then one would make the best choice in my opinion. With all these sales going on it is a good to pick an alternative up and learn something new but don't expect it too be the "Do all end all" solution, after all Sonar was not that just the solution alot of people here liked, used and knew.

It's also not the time to fly the banner for a new DAW "just because". A lot folks make decisions they regret and make every effort to cover themselves by staunch support "For" the choice they make which eschews the sample in the poll unrealistically.

It is nice too see results from these things but either way here's hoping it helps and doesnt 'turn into a bashfest of sorts.

Edit: you should make this poll anonymous(which I used already) anytime a poll asked for a name you turn away someone who wants to answer without wanting too be known and you'll recieve more honest participation. Nothing scientific here so good luck on the results.
2017/12/20 15:48:54
Amicus717
I voted. Cubase. Really liking it...

I'm quite curious to find out the results...
2017/12/20 17:33:24
ChazEd
Voted!

Ableton Live FTW!
2017/12/20 17:45:25
InstrEd
I voted, but I don't know if I'll change over right away.
I thought for the sales going on it might be a good idea to add another one or two just in case
Sonar Platinum stops working in the future.
2017/12/20 17:50:31
michael diemer
Not voting, internet polls are a waste of time imo. But my two DAWS going forward will be Sonar 8.5 Studio and Reaper.
2017/12/20 18:27:27
35mm
InstrEd
I voted, but I don't know if I'll change over right away.
I thought for the sales going on it might be a good idea to add another one or two just in case
Sonar Platinum stops working in the future.

If you have purchased a new DAW it counts as a switch :)
2017/12/20 18:31:27
InstrEd
I voted that way to switch.
2017/12/20 19:11:04
bapu
Well, since I was not sure yet I chose Samplitude.

But I do own Reaper, Studio One Pro 3.x. So really my vote is kind of a back handed vote right now.

I own Mixbus4/32c but those are mixing consoles to me, they are not full featured enough (yet) to be considered a DAW (for me).
2017/12/20 19:30:35
cclarry
I also will be switching to Samplitude, although, as Bapu, I did also
opt in on S13, and already had several more to boot.  I don't see
Gibson allowing Sonar to be sold, in whole or in part.  They seem
to excel at "killing software".  So that's the main reason. 

I keep my system updated, and eventually, because of that, Sonar
will probably, at some point, cease to be viable, and the lack
of further updates, as things progress, will also eventually render it 
obsolete, which is quite sad really.  

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account