• Software
  • Poll - What DAW are you switching to if any? Please take part! (p.12)
2017/12/31 23:47:41
Joe_A
Just bought Cubase Pro 9.5.
Or will when reviewed/processed. With e-licenser. Hopefully I can get that fedexed.
Over 10 years of Cakewalk has passed....
Well,
Happy New Year to all!!!😊😊
Joe
2018/01/01 16:19:57
rbrodbec
Studio one, I tried digital performer (eeek a mess), looked at cubase and reaper, S1 seems like the best fit for me, feels familiar
2018/01/01 16:31:18
Joe_A
S1P looked good too. For me, it looks like Cubase is a better fit. I can say the there's been good discussion here on choices. That's been great.
2018/01/01 17:02:46
Billy Buck
I did not need to purchase another DAW after Cakewalk's demise was made official, as I have over the years already invested in and maintained the latest pro versions of REAPER (V5.70), Studio One Pro (v3) and Harrison MB 32C (v4). At this point, of the three, REAPER is the one I am using the most. 
2018/01/01 17:13:04
Mike1212
Just switched to Studio one 3.5 professional. Thanks to the Cakewalk family that has helped me throughout the years and because of their help I now understand I can work in any DAW. 
2018/01/01 17:22:13
MrGarrison
Just crossgraded to Cubase Pro 9.5 and so far really like it. I have SPLAT on another PC but have no intention of using it if I have to. Time to move on!
2018/02/13 21:34:44
rsbkeys
First a thank you for this thread, it's been among the most useful for those of us choosing to move out of Sonar at this time.  My choice is Studio One.  After demoing both S1 and CBase (the similarities are striking), I just prefer the idea of the fresher code approach found in S1 over the legacy in CBase.  Mind you I have used Cakewalk since the midi only days of MSDOS (I just dated myself) and should not be concerned with older code but if I'm moving on, then why not with modern programing.  I believe however that either is a viable choice for any Sonar orphan.  While there are a few Sonar specific functions I wish existed in both programs, I'm hopeful that the new base of former Sonar users now in other DAW camps will carry enough weight to influence their future development.

I am handling the transition by loading S1 onto a second 1TB internal drive on my system, keeping it full segregated from my current SPlat projects.  I will continue to use Sonar while learning S1.  Once I've reached a comfortable level of proficiency, I'll begin to transfer my projects over from Sonar into S1, and as a safety measure, start with the simplest and least important ones first.  I will of course fully archive all of the work I've done in Sonar and keep a functioning copy on the other internal drive for as long as possible.

Best efforts and results to all Sonar users in moving on.
2018/02/14 14:48:45
wetdentist
for the time being, i am sticking with Sonar Platinum & Maschine 2.  i suspect once ARA 2 comes out, i will move over to Reaper & Maschine 2/3.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account