• Software
  • Poll - What DAW are you switching to if any? Please take part! (p.2)
2017/12/20 19:43:17
dubdisciple
I was already using studio one prior to announcement so not sure if it counts
2017/12/20 19:44:31
35mm
cclarry
I also will be switching to Samplitude, although, as Bapu, I did also
opt in on S13, and already had several more to boot.  I don't see
Gibson allowing Sonar to be sold, in whole or in part.  They seem
to excel at "killing software".  So that's the main reason. 

I keep my system updated, and eventually, because of that, Sonar
will probably, at some point, cease to be viable, and the lack
of further updates, as things progress, will also eventually render it 
obsolete, which is quite sad really.  

Same story here. I crossgraded to S1 Pro then the Samplitude deal came along. I also have other DAWs and am still using Sonar for some things - mostly working on ongoing projects. I voted Samplitude though because it has become my main DAW for new projects.
2017/12/20 19:44:59
Leadfoot
Samplitude here as well. Couldn't pass up a deal like that! I haven't installed it yet, but I can't wait to try it out. I still plan on Splat being my main DAW for now though. As bapu said, Mixbus 4/32C are still just for mixing at this point.
2017/12/20 19:45:06
35mm
dubdisciple
I was already using studio one prior to announcement so not sure if it counts

If you already made the switch then that still counts :)
2017/12/20 19:46:23
dubdisciple
Still use sonar though and have been using logic for years
2017/12/20 20:22:25
35mm
Thanks for taking part. Here's a progress report.

We are 40 votes in now and things have changed quite a bit and no doubt will change as it goes on but the results at the moment are;

0/40 votes each for Mixcraft, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Bitwig, Mixbus
5th 1/40 votes for Ableton
Joint 4th 3/40 votes each for Reaper and staying with Sonar
3rd 6/40 votes for Samplitude
2nd 12/40 votes for Cubase
1st 15/40 votes for Studio One

Studio One and Cubase have been going head to head so far in this poll with Studio One just recently overtaking Cubase and pulling ahead. Ableton had mechanical problems and only just managed to limp off the start line. Reaper and Sonar are having a good battle at the back. Samplitude took an early pit stop so may have a strategy. :)

I'll keep this thread updated.
2017/12/20 20:35:25
dubdisciple
On a given day i use multiple DAWs so hard to pick. I literally use studio one and logic for work 5 days a week or more
2017/12/20 20:50:40
Marshall
I voted - Studio One FWIW - and will be interested to see the results as they update.
2017/12/20 20:51:20
Vastman
I own S3 but don't use it as it kinda sucks compared to Sonar... just bought Cubase and feel it's way closer and quite nice.  In particular, Cubase has a very extensive Track Presets system which is more extensive than Sonar's Track templates system, which I love as it streamlines workflow hugely...S3 has nothing like this so every song requires time consuming settups for Kontakt and other tracks which totally screws with songwriting flow...
2017/12/20 20:57:31
Jeff Evans
Vastman
.S3 has nothing like this so every song requires time consuming settups for Kontakt and other tracks which totally screws with songwriting flow...

Agreed Studio One does not have track templates but there is a very elegant workaround solution that allows you to setup very complex output routings from Kontakt etc and save as a preset and load in a flash. You just don't know what it is.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account