• Software
  • Poll - What DAW are you switching to if any? Please take part! (p.4)
2017/12/21 04:17:07
bdickens
Staying with SONAR, but adding other weapons to the arsenal. Namely Mixbus and REAPER
2017/12/21 04:35:56
LOSTinSWIRL
Just added my 2 cents worth in the poll. Decided to do with Studio One after Sonar crashed again for no apparent reason again.
2017/12/21 05:42:13
rickpaul
It's too early for me to respond to the poll as I'll be taking my time before evaluating any switches.  Thus far, I have purchased Samplitude X3 Pro Suite based on the "crazy deal", so that will at least be one possibility, though I've only had a small amount of time to spend with it thus far -- enough to be somewhat optimistic, but nowhere close to certain.  And, because I have purchased it (I figured the SpectraLayers Pro part was worth the price of admission, whether or not I end up using Samplitude), I may actually delay a bit in getting around to working with it in depth.

I've spent a bit more time with Digital Performer 9.5, trying to decide if I also want to purchase that while the significant crossgrade discount is still applicable.  While there are many things I like about it, there are also quite a few that rub me the wrong way, and there are plugins I use a fair amount that it can't load at this point.  Reading the motunation.com forums a bit, there also seems to be some sense that the Windows version isn't very stable (I have had issues with hangs when trying to deal with plugin scanning, but not in actually using it). So, with a decision deadline of tonight, I am leaning heavily toward not purchasing that one.

I at least intend to try Cubase, and probably also at least a few others such as Reaper, Studio One, and Mixcraft -- I might also consider Mixbus as non-primary DAW if I find it makes enough difference to use for mixing, but it doesn't seem like it's fully featured enough to be my primary DAW since everything I do except vocals is MIDI.

My general plan is to try producing a song apiece with any I end up considering seriously (I did start with DP, but I don't think I'm likely to finish), so I figure it'll take me a few months to make any permanent decisions for a primary DAW, though I may pick up some additional products along the way.  And I am also hoping, very possibly against hope, there may be further SONAR developments between now and then as sticking with SONAR would be my preference at the moment, if it is a viable long-term option.
2017/12/21 10:15:03
tenfoot
It seems to me you can do most anything in any modern DAW. Given time, you can also get used to any workflow. Really the first question to ask yourself is which one is more likely to be around in 10 years time?
2017/12/21 12:49:09
clintmartin
I voted other. I already owned Mixbus 4 and Tracktion 7...so I upgraded to Tracktion Waveform.
Between those two and Sonar I'm not in a hurry. I'll be fine. Waveform and Mixbus 4 are both excellent.
2017/12/21 13:25:20
maximumpower
Reaper for me
2017/12/21 13:30:42
musichoo
I voted for Studio one. But I am currently do a project that uses all my DAWs, S1, Splat and Reason 10. The lesson that I learned from Cakewalk closing down is : it is always better to be fluent in at a least 2 DAWs. Anyway S1.3 is relatively easy to pick up and has lots of learning resources on youtube. I think that is 2 of S1 strongest points. Not to say it is better than this or that daw.
2017/12/21 14:25:40
Mesh
I voted for Samplitude, but long live Sonar!!
2017/12/21 17:14:19
mudgel
I’m going to Cubase. I’ve had such severe PC problems I’ve had to buy a new one. Parts specified by Jim Roseberry. Already updated my sig with the details.
I mention that ‘cause I’m not even going to install Sonar on it. If I did I’d always be tempted to go back to what’s familiar and I really just want to move on.
2017/12/21 17:39:00
InstrEd
I hear ya, but at the same time it so SAD
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account