• Software
  • Poll - What DAW are you switching to if any? Please take part! (p.8)
2017/12/23 14:34:41
synkrotron
synkrotron
I wish everyone would calm the **** down...

That was said in a very small and diminutive voice, by the way.
2017/12/23 16:56:57
dubdisciple
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
dubdisciple
Sometimes it seems like some need affirmation of their choice. Kinda weird, considering the average age here. I kerp seeing folks say "the right thing" ...until someone makes a comment bashing the product they didn't choose and suddenly they pile one before returning back to "the right thing".

I'm using the left thing, because two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!

I thought 3 lefts to the 3rd power of the square of pi made a right?
2017/12/23 16:58:35
dubdisciple
35mm i assure you Jeff is no troll. He is one of the more rational and helpful members here.
2017/12/23 17:07:53
BobF
After a year of trying both SO3P and Reaper, Reaper has become my primary.

BTW, the Multi-Inst work-around for lack of track templates in SO is a PITA IMO, and does nothing to help the input side.  SO3P is a very slick bit of kit though.  I'll be keeping it up to date to see it evolves.
2017/12/23 17:32:56
Jim Roseberry
Jeff Evans
Sounds like to me you are not a professional user but a hobbyist. I see the hobbyist as having the emotional response, not the professional. When professionals encounter problems they find solutions and move on. You have to.

FWIW, I've had professional Sonar users contact me... and while they are "moving on"... they're not necessarily happy about it.  Making a wholesale move involves a lot of work.  Liken it to moving residence.
Yeah, it can be new/exciting (even a major step up)... but it can be a lot of work.  
2017/12/23 17:46:33
35mm
Jim Roseberry
Jeff Evans
Sounds like to me you are not a professional user but a hobbyist. I see the hobbyist as having the emotional response, not the professional. When professionals encounter problems they find solutions and move on. You have to.

FWIW, I've had professional Sonar users contact me... and while they are "moving on"... they're not necessarily happy about it.  Making a wholesale move involves a lot of work.  Liken it to moving residence.
Yeah, it can be new/exciting (even a major step up)... but it can be a lot of work.  

Indeed Jim. I've moved on to Samplitude and I am loving it and preferring it to Sonar in many ways! What I am not loving is the backlog of stuff I have to move out of Sonar which is a slow, laborious and demoralizing process. There are 1000s of others having to go through the same thing, all because of a few incompetent goons at Gibson.
2017/12/23 18:21:56
danbottomburp
I got Studio one 3 pro with the upgrade they were offering , but in all honesty i am absolutely loving Reaper, its a top top DAW.

2017/12/23 19:26:50
sharke
35mm
Jim Roseberry
Jeff Evans

Indeed Jim. I've moved on to Samplitude and I am loving it and preferring it to Sonar in many ways! What I am not loving is the backlog of stuff I have to move out of Sonar which is a slow, laborious and demoralizing process. There are 1000s of others having to go through the same thing, all because of a few incompetent goons at Gibson.

The incompetence, if any, was with Cakewalk, not Gibson.
2017/12/23 19:43:43
Jeff Evans
dubdisciple
35mm i assure you Jeff is no troll. He is one of the more rational and helpful members here.

Yes 35mm is way off base there. All I am saying is as someone who has transversed a few DAW's in my professional work I have simply found that moving tons of projects from one to the other in my case anyway is just not necessary. I say wait until the need arises before you do because chances are that you won't have to. In reality it is very rarely required.

I agree about Apple though for sure. They are a funny company and they do weird things. Making things redundant being one of them. They seem to be good at that. It is good that Studio One runs on both platforms so if you have a Mac already Logic is definitely worth investigating because it one of the longest running, deepest and most powerful Daw's out there. It has a far bigger user base than Sonar that is for sure.

I am also not underestimating the work required either shifting to a new Daw. Hobbyist or professional. You just don't have to get all emotional about it though.
2017/12/23 20:37:45
Grem
dubdisciple

Jeff is not a troll. He may not agree with you, and will let you know for sure! But at troll? Nope.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account