2018/02/08 15:25:30
TheSteven
Ableton Live 10 released
Here's a link to a detailed review - http://www.musictech.net/2017/11/ableton-live-10-beta-preview/
(says beta but covers released version).

A variety of nice features in the new release.

IMHO the upgrade price is a bit steep, nice that Live now includes MAX for Live but would have been nicer if they threw people who already own MAX licenses a bone with a minor discount. On the other hand - if they throw in 5 years of free updates like they did with Live 9 then maybe it's not that bad a deal...

Edited to fix typos (ie to appear more literate).
2018/02/08 17:59:56
JClosed
Well - All I can say is that the upgrade for Live Standard users is very underwhelming. You have to pay almost 180 euro's and the only thing you get is some UI/workflow improvements. All the nice shiny stuff is for Live Suite...

As a owner of Live Standard there is no way I am going to pay that much for so little. I even thinking about selling my Standard Licence, and invest in Bitwig. Yes - That will cost me a yearly "premium", but at least they give you a bit more stuff for less money.

I mean - Come on. It feels like they are ripping their standard users to benefit the Suite users.
2018/02/09 14:09:54
Michael A.D.
I have the suite and that too is not worth the upgrade price.  I think they were offering a discounted price of $225 for suite owners (and that offer is probably over) and that is ridiculous.
Who cares if Max is now built in?  It was no big deal using it as a separate program.
A new synth?  I have plenty of synths.

Nope - nothing attractive enough to warrant that upgrade cost. 
I'll stick with Reaper and spend the Live upgrade money on something useful.

2018/02/10 00:50:18
backwoods
there are huge updates for every release so you're probably paying for about 4 versions. The new version is very cool 
2018/02/10 04:08:29
kitekrazy1
backwoods
there are huge updates for every release so you're probably paying for about 4 versions. The new version is very cool 

Heard that excuse before.  It doesn't really work to convince anyone to shell out almost $300 for an upgrade.
2018/02/10 09:40:49
backwoods
kitekrazy1
backwoods

Heard that excuse before.  It doesn't really work to convince anyone to shell out almost $300 for an upgrade.

maybe not you but many people have upgraded including me. good luck on your musical journey kitekrazy!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account