• Software
  • M-Audio Boasting About Pro Tools First for Free
2018/02/13 12:51:06
Stone House Studios
Included with certain audio interfaces and keyboards.
Only problem is ..........you can download ProTools First for free right from ProTools - no matter what interface or keyboard or marimba or trumpet you own!  

Brian
2018/02/13 14:05:14
CTStump
Yeah that got me also. Not really a premiun in any way. At least Ableton lite is a better sales pitch.

When the research is done that won't sell them any more as if they just sold the interface without it... Not to mention some p%//ed off people when they find out they have to pay to produce more than 3 projects.
2018/02/13 14:11:16
Stone House Studios
Ableton lite was is so full featured I really wanted to jump in for the full version - just couldn't get the workflow love going.
I'm going to look at Pro Tools - only because I never have - but I think I've made my choice with Studio One.

Brian
2018/02/13 14:19:59
Jim Roseberry
ProTools 2018 is pretty deep as far as feature-set.
If you're new to ProTools, the initial configuration of I/O, etc can be tedious (compared to Studio One).
It's ironic to say, but ProTools (finally) has caught up feature-wise with the best native DAWs.
If you can get thru the learning curve, there's not a lot you can't do (double negative) with ProTools 2018.  
2018/02/13 19:40:04
Eddie TX
Jim Roseberry
It's ironic to say, but ProTools (finally) has caught up feature-wise with the best native DAWs.

Indeed it is looking more appealing lately. But is it really a great choice for a Windows-based setup? 

Cheers,
Eddie

2018/02/14 00:40:08
Stone House Studios
Well I guess it's not to be with me and ProTools | First.  4 download attempts on 2 computers, only to have the download fail after apparent completion.
Really enjoying Studio One anyway - why muddy the waters!!!

Brian
2018/02/14 02:09:32
sharke
They're bundling in a suite of instruments and effects as well, so it's not just Pro Tools First. 

I got a "lite" version of Pro Tools years ago with an M-Audio interface, I think it was Pro Tools M-Powered or something like that. And I'm pretty sure it was a hell of a lot more powerful than this "First" version. 
2018/02/14 13:03:55
Stone House Studios
Hey Sharke - 
There are many instruments that come bundled with the keyboards - no ProTools needed.  I don't see any additional goodies that come bundled with ProTools itself.
That being said, several of the instruments (Hybrid especially) are quite good, and work in Sonar and Studio One. If anyone has any experience with VIP I would sure love to hear about it - I've not tried it as a plug in yet!

Brian
2018/02/14 13:30:31
raisindot
Yeah, but the real time is you have actually buy an M-audio piece of crap to get it. :) 
2018/02/14 13:55:33
Stone House Studios
raisindot
Yeah, but the real time is you have actually buy an M-audio piece of crap to get it. :) 

I had a great experience with the M-audio FastTrack Ultra while home studios were growing up - but it went Legacy pretty quickly it seems (maybe after Avid bought them) and now I've learned to save a few dollars and get (I hope) a little higher end and longer lasting interfaces.
The CTRL 49 is a pretty decent controller with a better key bed than many synths I've had.

Brian
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account