• Features & Ideas
  • [Implemented] Freezing and unfreezing all tracks at once... (p.3)
2015/03/03 11:19:12
thaddeusjon
+1on a global freeze button... as a selling point, it makes business sense especially when you consider some of your competition has freeze options to some capacity. To one up the competition with a global functionality... I'll let you fill in the blanks.
2015/03/04 01:34:24
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
+1 on a global freeze button

I wouldn't want any tracks bounced to new tracks (as that would require considerable additional work to setup monitor mixes) and just freezing the master is not sufficient as I need full control over all sends for monitor mixes ...

2015/04/15 18:18:10
thaddeusjon
This might be Off Topic but I felt it stuck since we are chatting about new features. Question: Is Rapture Pro going to be an add on for Sonar Platinum or Pro ( or Artist for that matter ) replacing any of what you had Rapture or Dimension-wise? OR is it going to be an add-on we must volunteer to buy seperately?
2015/04/15 18:18:47
thaddeusjon
I just received the email pertaining to Rapture Pro... Any ads or videos out about it as well?
2015/04/16 07:32:32
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
just read through this thread again ...

instead of a global freeze (which I asked for earlier) I now believe "freezing" should work based on your selection (like anything else in Sonar for worklfow consistency ... e.g. bounce, export, whatever) ...

So here 's my new suggestion:
select x tracks and click one button to freeze them all according to current "Freeze Options" 

logical rules apply (of course) like ...
... if only select one track of a multi-out synth is selected and the entire synth requires freezing, so be it ... or ...
... if there's a track dependency caused by side-chaining, schedule them for last in the freeze queue ...

A major improvement would be to take advantage of multi-thread parallel processing to really speed that up (i.e. 3 instances of Kontakt 5 could be frozen in parallel) ...

I do not understand why freezing a multi-out synth takes significantly longer than playing back the entire song ... if a freeze cannot be guaranteed to be faster than real time, than there also should be a quick freeze option (sort of a "silent" playback & recording synth outs)
2015/04/20 12:37:18
brconflict
soens
brconflict
btw, if you're at the Gibson office, I'm like literally 3 miles down the road from you (Trolley Barns on the river). I could drop by and draw this stuff out and see what you think.

That would require giving away the secret location of the barricaded and guarded safe house they have him locked up in at the moment.

Funny you say that, I've recently heard rumors that getting an invite or access to the Gibson offices is seriously restricted these days, and for good reason. But then I never felt welcome in their Opry Mills Mall showroom, either.
2015/04/25 09:47:59
theheliosequence
I would prefer just being able to select multiple tracks and freeze them all at the same time. I would vastly prefer that over a 'freeze all' button. But honestly I'd any option so the next time I have to time stretch a song I'm not sitting at my computer for 2 hours...

It's actually unbelievable that this isn't a standard feature... especially since freezing is the only way to apply audio snap time changes.
2015/04/25 13:19:16
Keni
Yes...!

With the adjusted parameter of being freeze/unfreeze selected tracks instead of all...

Simple enough to do a ctrl-a prior to executing if all are wanted...

For me the idea is that I can let the computer freeze all tracks I want without needing me at the machine continuously for each successive track...

Thus freeing up my time to do other things while this gets done...

As for the single command bounce2track for a temporary frozen stero mix to work against?

Once upon a time most computers had such limited power that this was often necessary... I don't find that so these days...

There are many DAWs that do alliw the creation of a "mix" track which is a full file export that automatically becomes such a special track within the program.... I never found this particularly useful as it couldn't be played whike tracking at the time...

Freezing all tracks when completing a project is a handy way of creating fully processed audio tracks for every track... For safety sake...

Keni
2015/10/19 11:35:50
brconflict
Update to show a sequence I'm thinking about here: 

Sequence
Global Freeze all tracks but armed tracks => Input Vocal => Armed Track => Patch-Point to a listen-back track w/Compressor => Echo enabled on Listen-back track.

Result
Low-latency, real mix on playback with all effects active, even the high latency effects. No more disabling FX or PDC while tracking.

A top-player DAW does something like this already, a low-latency channel.

Sidenote: The headers above are in bold in the editor, but do not display as bold text in Chrome when posted. 
2015/10/22 22:05:33
Notecrusher
theheliosequence
I would prefer just being able to select multiple tracks and freeze them all at the same time. I would vastly prefer that over a 'freeze all' button. 

Total agreement here.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account