• Features & Ideas
  • [Implemented] Freezing and unfreezing all tracks at once... (p.4)
2015/10/23 12:19:09
brconflict
Notecrusher
theheliosequence
I would prefer just being able to select multiple tracks and freeze them all at the same time. I would vastly prefer that over a 'freeze all' button. 

Total agreement here.

Sort of like the Select-All, then Ctrl+Freeze button, and the other tracks follow. I would like that as well, as long as this can also include busses. For CW, I realize there's a time-delta that it takes to complete this many freezes all at once, but I'm willing to wait on them all to freeze.

2015/10/23 17:51:03
gustabo
My concern is a system crash after an accidental global unfreeze, for example: I may freeze tracks when certain plugins require a lot of cpu cycles, if I unfreeze all those tracks at once, a crash would likely occur...
2015/10/24 03:26:08
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
brconflict
Notecrusher
theheliosequence
I would prefer just being able to select multiple tracks and freeze them all at the same time. I would vastly prefer that over a 'freeze all' button. 

Total agreement here.

Sort of like the Select-All, then Ctrl+Freeze button, and the other tracks follow. I would like that as well, as long as this can also include busses. For CW, I realize there's a time-delta that it takes to complete this many freezes all at once, but I'm willing to wait on them all to freeze.

I have voted on this ... and would vote again ... but must of my issues with not having a batch freeze option are solved by synth recording as I rarely freeze track FX; 99% of my freeze jobs are VSTs that hike up CPU/latency when having to track real instruments/vox against it ... so recording all these in one go while having a cup of coffee does it for me ...
2015/10/24 09:34:41
scottfa
I could use this right now. As a drummer triggering vsti's I need as low a latency as possible ( like under 64). Would love to be able to freeze all and then comp multiple takes.
As I stated in another thread,  I would like Cakewalk to really prioritize work flow enhancements. The evolution of DAWS has been so rapid that new usable features  are hard to produce, but ease of use, yeah people will buy that I believe.
2015/10/24 18:31:24
Doktor Avalanche
+1 here too...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account