2015/04/29 20:04:16
cecelius2
Rapture Pro is a definitely very nice improvement.  I do wish that the new Browser was bigger, taller and wider.  I would hope that future updates would expand the Browser to:

1) be much bigger to allow seeing more than just a few entries (the width and height of each column are too restrictive; some DimPro expansion library subheadings are too wide to be seen in the columns); why not have the Browser the same size as other edit screens in Rapture Pro?

2) that the Browser would have a new "type" column that would list of all instruments by "type"; I am thinking that it would be more like Native Instruments Browsers or Omnisphere Browsers; and

3) there would be an "All Libraries" global list of all instruments across the various libraries.  AS it is now, you have to go from library to library to find a guitar patch or an organ patch for example.  It would be nice to have an "All Library" section at the top above the the various individual Rapture Pro Factory, Rapture Classic, Dimpro Factory, Dimpro etc. sub libraries.

I do know that there is a Search feature in the new Browser; however, the results do not display global across all libraries; rather, one has to go from sub library to sub library to find the results within each sublibrary.

Again, the new Browser is a definite improvement, but it would be nice to see it bigger (taller & wider), have more global search results, and to add a new column that would show instruments by "Type" (like other modern browsers [NI and Spectrasonics]).  These are just some minor suggestions that would help to find instruments across the various libraries.

I am not complaining, just making suggestions for down the road.
2015/04/29 20:06:41
Doktor Avalanche
cecelius2
I do know that there is a Search feature in the new Browser; however, the results are do not display global across the all libraries; rather, one has to go from sub library to sub library to find the results within each sublibrary.

Oh wow I didn't know this one . I thought it was all integrated.. 
2015/04/29 21:20:33
cecelius2
Doktor Avalanche
cecelius2
I do know that there is a Search feature in the new Browser; however, the results are do not display global across the all libraries; rather, one has to go from sub library to sub library to find the results within each sublibrary.

Oh wow I didn't know this one . I thought it was all integrated.. 

Let me be clear.  The results are global, but they are displayed in a way where you have to go through each of the libraries to see the results, and then there are subcaterories in each of the various libraries that you need to click on to see the results in that library.  I had thought that the search would just show all results instantly, but you have to click on each library to see what the results are.  

Here is a suggestions to see how it works.  Go to the search feature, and type "organ" and then see how it displayed the results.
2015/04/29 23:31:08
Magic Russ
my first complaint was that I don' t like having to double click on patches in the browser.
2015/04/29 23:39:35
scook
Fortunately Windows Explorer works well for searching the whole programs folder. I have been using it instead of built in browsers for DPro and Rapture for some time.
2015/04/30 00:28:49
Grem
Where are the programs stored?
2015/04/30 00:32:10
scook
The default location is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs"
2015/04/30 15:55:07
...wicked
Magic Russ
my first complaint was that I don' t like having to double click on patches in the browser.

This. When I'm patch-hunting I usually have one hand on the keys, and the other I'd rather use the QWERTY keyboard instead of a mouse. So I can just Arrow Down + Enter and tap away until I hear something I like.

Now that soft-synths are getting quite large in terms of presets searching and navigating them can be quite a bear. NI don't fare much better in my opinion. I've never understood the idea of having a browser window/pane that can't be resized. 
2015/04/30 17:55:31
rebel007
It seems like a bit of a backward step, both Dimension Pro and Rapture both had resizable browser windows that at least could fill the screen from top to bottom. Hopefully this will be an update in the future.
2015/04/30 19:14:40
PH68
The Browser on RapPro is very poor.
The columns are just not wide enough. I can no longer read some of the program names.
Fix it please.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account