2015/04/30 22:41:34
Doktor Avalanche
LaszloZoltan
personally, Id like to be able to change the font

+1 although non essential.
2015/05/01 04:48:39
Christiank.vanves
Hello,

I agree and there should be a way to enlarge the columns (bank, type, program, info). For instance, some extensions  in the type are too long to be displayed entirely and some of these long names start with the same words ("Digital Sound Factory <xxx>") so it is difficult to know which extension i select.

Thanks

PS: sorry for my bad English.
2015/05/02 02:27:01
cecelius2
Christiank.vanves
Hello,

I agree and there should be a way to enlarge the columns (bank, type, program, info). For instance, some extensions  in the type are too long to be displayed entirely and some of these long names start with the same words ("Digital Sound Factory <xxx>") so it is difficult to know which extension i select.

Thanks

PS: sorry for my bad English.

You said it exactly as I wanted to do.  So thanks for reinforcing this request.
2015/05/02 02:48:13
Kamikaze
Is this image actual size, or is it a larger GUI
http://www.sweetwater.com...0/RapturePro-large.jpg

It's quite small on my screen, about 13 cm wide
2015/05/02 09:41:17
ShellstaX
I'd like to see it resizeable and responsive (as in responsive web pages - adapting on resize) like e.g, Melda Production plugins.

Banks should be movable (preferably drag and drop) up and down the list to the users desired location.

Where Types go into sub-types, it'd be  nice to have expandable trees like File Explorer.

Regarding searches with File Explorer - Isn't the point of having an 'in app' browser that it'd be more flexible / purpose built to find what you want quicker than the more generic utility?
2015/05/02 13:24:18
PH68
The GUI is about the same size as the old Rapture.
The browser is still annoying me.
If it can't be resized, then at least allow text scrolling for file names.
Allow me to choose what columns I see in the browser window.
Why does that 1st column have to be so wide, it's not needed.
2015/05/02 15:56:47
willif
You are so right, and I would call this a serious oversight by the designers, as previously the browser was detachable and sizable, one of the things I liked as there was no need to do so much mousing to see what sounds U have. With the combined sound banks I own for Dimension Pro & Rapture I think I'd have 10,000 or so so sounds. It takes forever to scan thru when U're looking for an Inspiration. The width is so small that the DSF sound banks don't even have enough room to spell out 'DSF' never mind which volume or it name, as a result I have 9 entries for DSF with virtually the same sub-categories and no way to tell which one is which. The DP DSF Ensoniq Expansion is particularly bad as contains 4 volumes, now all called 'Digital Sound Factor' as that is all the letters that fit in the window.

At the very least they could have a included scroll control at the bottom so U could see longer names that are too big to fit into such a tiny window for the name of the sound U are loading. 

Raptures designers need to remedy this matter sooner than later. Give us back a sizable browser.

WiLLi & MMX3P
Sonar Platinum owner
Rapture Pro, & Zeta 2
2015/05/02 20:43:27
SteveCapps
I agree 100 percent!  

Why would any application developer create a program with tiny little windows that require so much scrolling?  It's not like we are running Rapture Pro on 800 x 600 screens.

I like the new Rapture Pro, but this is the Number 1 Headache in the design.

In the old Rapture and Dimension Pro's you could re-size the selection windows.  We have HUGE screens now, some people even with 4K screens.  Why force tiny little windows on us?  

It's a lot easier to move your eyes up and down over a big selection window and spot what you want.  It's far more time consuming - AND IRRITATING! - to have to scroll a tiny little window with only a few choices shown at a time.

Which do people like better?  An 88 key keyboard, or an 11 key key keyboard where you have to scroll up and down the octaves to get to the correct note you want?  Both can play any note you want, but the 88-key one is WAY EASIER.

Give is bigger windows, please!  Put this on the top of your list for the next patch! 
2015/05/02 21:56:34
skinnybones lampshade
I would like to my voice to the group requesting a larger Rapture Pro browser window ... so large that it fill the entire screen, if that's possible.

Anything that requires less squinting, scrolling and straining (the three S's?) always makes for a more pleasant and inspiring session here.

Thanks and fingers crossed,
LJ
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account