2015/05/03 22:02:16
Geo524
Hi gswitz. Glad Rap Pro is performing well for you. That's not so for me. In fact it seemed to become even more troublesome after I re-installed it not to mention there were still lots of samples from the new library that wouldn't play . I just hope the Bakers work on a fix. In the meantime Rapture and DP are working just fine. 
2015/05/04 01:16:09
mudgel
Cakewalk reps have mentioned many times that they have different teams working on Sonar to things like synths etc which are cross platform. So developing one does not take resources from another.
2015/05/04 01:41:22
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
gswitz

At 96 the same patches crash so badly they force the user to close and re-open Sonar.

A few of the patches that cause this issue for me include...
Dark Angelic 2
Dramatic Resonance
Lush Guitars F5
Multipulse & Brass

I have called Support. They recommended I re-install Rapture Pro, which I did. After re-installing the first time, the problematic patches just stopped making noise all together.

I then uninstalled and re-installed and the patches were back and not functional.

Again, at 44.1 the Synth seems to recover if you wait long enough. At higher sample rates, the synth never recovers and the project has to be closed and re-opened.

Same situation here. Same patches cause audio to spike at 99.99 dB and I'm afraid it will blow something ... forced me to rip my headphones off my head cause I couldn't hit mute fast enough ... never had that happen with any synth I ever bought

Tried reinstalling but no change ...
Seems to work at 44.1 kHz (although I did not try a lot since we work @ 96 kHz) ...
2015/05/04 01:49:37
mettelus
OMG... I have never seen anything spike that high! There is no limiter in RapPro?

Definitely drop one in the FX bin if not (can help with the volume variations too).
2015/05/04 15:44:19
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Hi all,

Sorry about the noise! We've confirmed this issue and are investigating it as we speak so we can correct it ASAP.
2015/05/04 16:11:28
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
gswitz
https://youtu.be/nJvX1aiDfAo

In this video, I demonstrate that some Rapture Pro patches cause issues at 44.1 causing the Synth to seize.

At 96 the same patches crash so badly they force the user to close and re-open Sonar.

A few of the patches that cause this issue for me include...
Dark Angelic 2
Dramatic Resonance
Lush Guitars F5
Multipulse & Brass

I have called Support. They recommended I re-install Rapture Pro, which I did. After re-installing the first time, the problematic patches just stopped making noise all together.

I then uninstalled and re-installed and the patches were back and not functional.

Again, at 44.1 the Synth seems to recover if you wait long enough. At higher sample rates, the synth never recovers and the project has to be closed and re-opened.

Reproducible, thanks!
-DG
2015/05/04 19:24:04
gswitz
Dan if you're all set, I'll cut down the video. Let me know when you all are ready.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account