2015/10/19 18:08:17
Notecrusher
Would like track folders to be more than just dumb containers. Would like them to act as full-featured busses w/ submixing, FX bins and automation.

Summing controls for the FolderBus e.g. gain and pan would be available when the folder is collapsed. That will be a huge time saver. In fact the more parameters (assignment, automation, individual track gain/pan) that can be done w/ the folder collapsed the better, and will enable major abstraction and declutterization in the TV.
2015/10/20 04:57:48
KPerry
-1 from me I'm afraid - they're for fundamentally different purposes and should stay like that.
2015/10/20 05:21:20
Snehankur
Let the folder be folder... Mix bus is there!
2015/10/20 08:12:30
stevec
While I get the request, at least with the new Aux Track/Patch Point thing one can now have an output in the same folder.

2015/10/20 09:41:26
BobF
Thinking about the possibility of an Aux track as a folder, where the I/O is automatically configured when a track is added ... I like it.  Saves a bunch of steps and allows one to collapse the contained tracks out of view.

Fewer steps to setup and a cleaner display = 5 from me.
(especially if the tracks collapse out of view in CV as well)

I see this as a natural, evolutionary step for Aux tracks.
2015/10/20 14:49:47
stevec
A built-in "Aux Track + Folder" option?
2015/10/20 14:59:44
BobF
stevec

Yes!!  Aux track that is also a folder.  Or a Folder that is also an Aux track.  Whichever you prefer
2015/10/20 15:46:15
M@
As I havent installed the Jamaica-plains update yet, and haven't actually played around with the patch-point / Aux busses yet I'm doing a bit of guessing here:

- I somehow like the proposed idea! Just have all guitars, vocals, drums in seperate folder and voila corresponding "bus" already exists. -> Problem I see is that I'd usually have one folder with vocals, within that folder I'd have main-vox and backgrnd-vox tracks each sent to different bus.

- Wouldn't it be better (and maybe simpler to implement) if the folder refers to a patch-point instead of an aux-bus. (Referencing would only need to be done to the patch-point "name")
I.e. all tracks added to a folder would be patched through the patch-point associated with the folder. If and when a aux-track is also added to the folder it will also automatically be linked to the patch-point thus "closing the loop"
If im thinking right it's practically the same as suggested idea, with the difference that a folder could also remain without an aux-bus AND could automatically have all tracks patched to a certain pre-defined patch-point that could be inserted completely different place (eg. bus-pane)

?? Am I talking nonsense here ?? 
2015/10/20 16:10:49
BobF
The new thing isn't an Aux Bus.  It's an Aux track, which is a shortcut way to create a destination patch point and track in one operation when routing the output of a track or bus to a new patch point.  Specifying a new Aux track is the same as creating a new patch point, then creating a new track and selecting the new patch point as its input.

Said another way, an Aux track is an audio track with its input set to a patch point.
2015/10/20 18:19:27
stevec
BobF
stevec

Yes!!  Aux track that is also a folder.  Or a Folder that is also an Aux track.  Whichever you prefer

Actually I was thinking about the possibility of expanding the current macro that creates the audio track and accompanying patch point to also nest that new Aux Track in a new Folder of the same name, in one operation.   It seemed like a quicker short-term solution that creating a new track type that is a true Aux Track/Folder hybrid.   Not that I would mind the latter, mind you.    
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account