• Software
  • I just bought Spectrasonic's Keyscape......
2018/01/08 01:09:36
djwayne
cause it's loaded with vintage keys an a great sounding C7 grand.....36 instruments, 500 sounds....just what I wanted....

2018/01/08 03:19:09
bitflipper
It's a beast, no? My favorites turned out to be the EPs rather than the fancy grand. Of course, you realize that now you'll have to get Omnisphere, too...
2018/01/08 03:41:37
djwayne
Actually what sold me on it was the LA Rhodes samples....yes it is huge, lots of top quality sounds to choose from, a great selection........Omnisphere ??...not for a while.....I like that the browser has a search function....the main thing though is the quality of the sound samples, they just sounded really good in my studio. So for the price of a fender squire guitar, I get all these samples.....sounds like a great deal to me.
2018/01/08 03:44:43
Zo
I can t get enought of the electric keyz and those baby bass thing personnaly ...oh yes that cnematic piano is just ....beauty ...
2018/01/08 17:01:47
bitflipper
djwayne
...Omnisphere ??...not for a while....

I didn't just pick that suggestion out of the air. Omnisphere and Keyscape (along with Trilian) share the same engine, which means Keyscape can become another soundsource within Omnisphere.

Now, I know you prefer organic sounds over synths (me too), that Omnisphere is technically a "synth", and many of its thousands of patches are indeed very synthy. However, its value as a companion to Keyscape is twofold. The most obvious is that you can layer pianos and pads/voices/strings. Less obvious are all the goodies that Omnisphere brings that Keyscape lacks, such as envelope shaping, pitch-shifting, multi-timbral live mode, filters and effects. They even have a free patch library called "Keyscape Creative" just for users who have Omnisphere and Keyscape that shows off the possibilities.
2018/01/08 17:38:35
djwayne
Yes but the price of Omnisphere is $479 which puts it out of reach for me at this time. Right now I'm at my self imposed limit and was lucky to get Keyscape. I really am maxed out right now.
2018/01/08 18:14:38
Genghis
I'm looking at this from the other side. I have Omnisphere and I'm thinking of one day picking up Keyscape.  I like synth stuff best, but nice sounding keys can come in handy as well.  Maybe someday I'll splurge and add it to the arsenal.
2018/01/09 00:06:21
thepianist65
Someday I will get Keyscape...
2018/01/09 13:54:09
raisindot
I really wish Spectasonics would offer competitive cross-grade or educational prices, since I'd like to get this. The $379 price is just too expensive for me right now, especially when I picked up the Arturia V collection for $199 last year. 
2018/01/09 14:18:08
djwayne
I know it's expensive, I almost didn't buy it, but then I looked at the list of artists who use Spectrasonic products, listened to the demos and decided it was a top notch sample set. It seems every major act in the music business is using their stuff. I want to be a part of that. I wanted a good selection of instruments to work with and this is it. Ya it was $379 dollars, but compare that to a price of a guitar or any other instrument...I'm getting the sounds of 36 different instruments without the headaches of maintaining them, moving them, storing them, paying for repairs etc....Just a C7 alone would cost $20,000+.....so in all fairness $379 is a very good value for what you get.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account