2018/02/05 22:35:49
fresh101
Nice!
2018/02/05 22:35:49
fresh101
Nice!
2018/02/05 23:44:26
abacab
Sort of solves the problem of how do I manage 14,000+ patches for this synth, right?
2018/02/06 00:03:58
Jeff Evans
Despite being a rather old this VST, (2002) it still sounds remarkable to this day. Thanks for this. Librarian will be handy. I have still got this installed on my current studio machine.

If you look around on line, there are a large number of free patches for it too and many of them sound great.
2018/02/06 00:21:28
abacab
Here's a great compilation of 14,000 patches to try out! 

Over 14.000 free patches for Synth1 - a free virtual instrument for both PC and Mac
http://veryrandomstreams.blogspot.com/2012/03/over-10000-free-patchessounds-for-free.html

There are over 14.000 presets/patches/sounds available for the excellent freeware virtual instrument Synth1, all downloadable in various ZIP files that you can put in a folder and then access without having to unpack them.

I just made life much easier for you by taking the 173 available free banks I know about, cleaning them up, and then putting them in a single ZIP file you can download.

2018/02/06 01:39:56
Jeff Evans
Thanks so much abacab.  Blimey I thought I had some sounds but this is serious!  Love it.  Most of those patches sound killer as well.  Comparable to many recent synth purchases (some of them expensive) I have made in the last year or so.  It is such a great synth.  This conversation has got me thinking about it again.  So easy to forget what you actually have don't you think.  The librarian must work great in conjunction with these sounds too. 
2018/02/06 02:04:20
abacab
I learned that there is a way to set the colors on the GUI to customize it.  Here is my theme.  Under 'opt > Color Customize > (#RRGGBB) > Panel = #1d1f21; Text = #757c81.

Plus the panel size is adjustable in options, from 80% to 250%.  Way ahead of its time!!! 

2018/02/06 04:32:11
Jeff Evans
This just gets better by the minute.  Those settings are great.  I have put it out to 200% as well which makes it pretty nice on a decent sized screen.

How on earth did you figure out those settings for the Panel and Text? You must have done some experimenting. 
The only thing with yours is because of the near black background setting, its slightly hard to see how many voices are being used, not that is a big thing though. Your colour scheme is very nice indeed.  Well done. And yes it is way ahead.  

Another cool thing too is if you uncheck the Panel and Text boxes it all goes back to normal.

I have been auditioning some of those million presets and nearly everything I try sound amazing.  What a great instrument.

Big question now is have you got the librarian working nice.  And if so how did you do it.  What steps are necessary to make the librarian work in conjunction with all those presets. 
2018/02/06 20:39:31
abacab
Jeff Evans
This just gets better by the minute.  Those settings are great.  I have put it out to 200% as well which makes it pretty nice on a decent sized screen.

Yup!

How on earth did you figure out those settings for the Panel and Text? You must have done some experimenting. 
The only thing with yours is because of the near black background setting, its slightly hard to see how many voices are being used, not that is a big thing though. Your colour scheme is very nice indeed.  Well done. And yes it is way ahead. 

Used a color picker (eye dropper tool) in a graphics program to lift some hex codes off a Sonar screen capture.  I may play around with a grab from a few other programs to see what else I can come up with.  If you don't have photoshop, you can grab the free 'paint.net'.  If you expand the color wheel box, it will show you the RGB codes for any color you can find in a picture.  Very useful editor!  https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

Another cool thing too is if you uncheck the Panel and Text boxes it all goes back to normal.

That mustard color put me off this synth fpr a long time.  Didn't realize what I was missing! 

I have been auditioning some of those million presets and nearly everything I try sound amazing.  What a great instrument.

There are many keepers in there, but it has always seemed impossible to find them or remember where they were.  This librarian promises to change all that and make the process easier for finding sounds by category or search, and tagging favorites!!!

Big question now is have you got the librarian working nice.  And if so how did you do it.  What steps are necessary to make the librarian work in conjunction with all those presets.

Download it from this page, and use the installer, as it will install any dependencies if needed.  I tried doing the standalone install, but got an error when the VST was scanned by the DAW. 
https://neutrinosky.com/downloads/

You will need to install (or move) the 'Neutrino Sky' folder into the 'Synth1' folder in your VST path.  Launch your DAW (I tested with Studio One and it works) and let it scan the VST.  Make sure you already have Synth1 installed.  When you insert 'Synth1Librarian' as a VST instrument it functions as a wrapper for Synth1, so you will not need to insert the synth in addition to the librarian.  That is all taken care of.  On first run of the librarian, you will need to point the 'Library' tab to your paths for the Synth1 .dll file, and the path of your large zip library.  Then just hit 'Build' and ba-da-boom (well actually it will take a few moments) you will have over 15,000 patches all nicely organized!  There is a 'Show Synth1' button in the UI that opens the synth editor.  Have fun!!! 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account