• Software
  • Introducing "Synth1 Librarian" (p.2)
2018/02/07 01:49:12
abacab
Grabbed a couple of colors from the Studio One UI, the gray background from the trackview for the panel color, and the blue background from the icons as the text background.  Can't do anything with the LEDs or other elements in the Synth1 UI, but this gray is a bit lighter than the previous one.  The hex codes are 'Panel = #212325' and 'Text = #477A9D'

2018/02/07 01:57:18
bwbalint
NICE!! and thanks to all contributing to this.  On the neutrinosky download page, you will want to download the .zip file.  I, too, just downloaded the .exe file, and that doesn't quite work, as I had never installed it before.  Then follow abacab's instructions as above.  You will also want to put the large 14000 + .zip libraries in the 'zipbank' folder that will be created when you install Synth1.  
2018/02/07 02:16:57
abacab
This one is inspired by the Ableton Live color scheme.  'panel = #555555; text = #B5B2B1'

2018/02/07 03:27:26
husker
You're still one of the most helpful guys around abacab! 
2018/02/07 03:45:44
abacab
husker

Giddyup, bro! 
2018/02/07 04:03:56
abacab
If you really want to get the most out of this software, just watch the video tutorial that the developer created. 

Excellent search and category functions!  Set any patch in the favorites list.  Double click on a patch and it will display possible matches.  Pick random, & explore the massive patch library, and you may stumble upon a gem!

Introducing "Synth1 Librarian"
https://www.youtube.com/w...s&feature=youtu.be
2018/02/08 02:39:54
husker
abacab
husker

Giddyup, bro! 

You telling me to head on down the road?  
2018/02/08 04:34:29
Jeff Evans
Yes thanks to abacab once again.  Love the two extra GUI skins as well.  Excellent.  I am about to install the librarian on my second computer.  I have a 32 bit machine with the same full Synth 1 install on it so I can test out the librarian first.

There are two types of files that Synth 1 can read.  One is a zipped file and they tend to come under the External category when you select OPT. (0ver on the left hand pane)

The other type of file is just a normal folder with Synth 1 sounds inside.  There is a bit of a trick getting Synth 1 to see these properly and they fall under the Internal category when you press OPT.  If anyone his having issues getting Synth 1 to find those let me know and I can explain.

From what I can see though the librarian prefers the zipped files type.  Which is fine.  Normal folder with Synth 1 sounds can also be zipped up as well and put int he same folder as the 173 zipped files!

Love those sounds.  I have got right into this synth again thanks to abacab.  Thanks very much John.
2018/02/08 14:56:30
abacab
husker
abacab
husker

Giddyup, bro! 

You telling me to head on down the road?  

Only if you are a horse, LOL!!! 
2018/02/08 15:05:10
abacab
Jeff Evans

I am about to install the librarian on my second computer.  I have a 32 bit machine with the same full Synth 1 install on it so I can test out the librarian first.

The last version of Synth1 was released as 64-bit compatible, so no need to find a 32-bit host any more > https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-ichiro-toda

There are two types of files that Synth 1 can read.  One is a zipped file and they tend to come under the External category when you select OPT. (0ver on the left hand pane)

The other type of file is just a normal folder with Synth 1 sounds inside.  There is a bit of a trick getting Synth 1 to see these properly and they fall under the Internal category when you press OPT.  If anyone his having issues getting Synth 1 to find those let me know and I can explain.

From what I can see though the librarian prefers the zipped files type.  Which is fine.  Normal folder with Synth 1 sounds can also be zipped up as well and put int he same folder as the 173 zipped files!

As far as the zipped files are concerned, that is the dev's intent.  Here is a recent statement he made on his blog:

At this time, Synth1 Librarian only works against the zipbank folder, not the individual soundbank folders (personally, I’m too lazy to use the soundbank folders!)
You could manually create zip files from your individual soundbank folders, and drop the zip files into the zipbank folder. That would allow Synth1 Librarian to discover them

You are welcome Jeff, glad you are finding it useful.  I am constantly amazed at the sounds in this thing now that I can narrow my search a bit.  I am trying to learn two new DAWs, and this keeps wasting my time, LOL!!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account