• Software
  • Udemy instructor using cracked software
2018/02/03 18:33:40
kitekrazy1
Udemny tutorial showing how to get cracked software.https://www.udemy.com/fl-studio-12-dynamic-beat-making-advanced-skills/learn/v4/questions/2737140

Where will I get Vst's ?
GurBir · 5 months ago

Sir I use a cracked version of Fl studio 12.0.1 And how will I get Rfx Nexus ,Morphine and Massive vst presets ?

LJ — Instructor
· 5 months ago

You want the VST I'm using in the course... if so, give me your email and I'll send it to you as soon as possible.

Part of one of the the tutorials is how to get http://sonic-cat.com/purity/ from a crack site.
2018/02/03 19:29:58
abacab
Well this may be an exception.  I have taken several courses at Udemy, and they were always run by professional course developers and instructors with expertise in their chosen fields.  No piracy was ever suggested or offered.

This course requires that you need the FULL version of the DAW to participate, so when the instructor was told that the student was using a cracked copy, the instructor should have responded more appropriately.  Sounds like some critters slipped through the cracks here!

The Udemy courses are provided by independent instructors and companies, so they are not employed by Udemy.   I would imagine that once something like this gets reported, they will take corrective action.  They have 30,000 instructors and 20,000,000 students worldwide, so there is potentially a little variance between the best and worst...

2018/02/03 19:44:56
azslow3
I am not going to support software piracy, but I understand that many people in this world just have no other way to use the software (music, etc.). Long time ago I was in such situation. Imagine one VST plug-in cost $10000 and cheapest legal CD cost $1000. What you will do? Do not listen nor create music?

2018/02/03 19:56:21
kitekrazy1
azslow3
I am not going to support software piracy, but I understand that many people in this world just have no other way to use the software (music, etc.). Long time ago I was in such situation. Imagine one VST plug-in cost $10000 and cheapest legal CD cost $1000. What you will do? Do not listen nor create music?

Seems like some hypocrisy there.
2018/02/03 20:03:07
Soundwise
I think using cracked software for hobbyists, that don't make a dime out of it can be considered as learning or extended evaluation. But pros, who sell their services world-wide advising their customers to use cracked software break all rules. I believe, such people should be banned on commercial platforms.
2018/02/03 20:10:50
kitekrazy1
abacab
Well this may be an exception.  I have taken several courses at Udemy, and they were always run by professional course developers and instructors with expertise in their chosen fields.  No piracy was ever suggested or offered.

This course requires that you need the FULL version of the DAW to participate, so when the instructor was told that the student was using a cracked copy, the instructor should have responded more appropriately.  Sounds like some critters slipped through the cracks here!

The Udemy courses are provided by independent instructors and companies, so they are not employed by Udemy.   I would imagine that once something like this gets reported, they will take corrective action.  They have 30,000 instructors and 20,000,000 students worldwide, so there is potentially a little variance between the best and worst...

Yep this was odd to see on Udemy.  They still have to police themselves.  The instructor while decent is stupid.  Image Line partners with Razor laptops.  There was video of one of the Razor reps using a cracker version of Sylenth. He got harassed by people in Twitter.  His reply was "WTF does it matter?"  The next reply was "I do! All of your music is mine" and it came from Lennard Addink. 
2018/02/03 20:10:51
abacab
Soundwise
I think using cracked software for hobbyists, that don't make a dime out of it can be considered as learning or extended evaluation.

Yup, like running a copy of Reaper beyond 60 days without a paid license... 
2018/02/03 20:26:09
Soundwise
abacab
Soundwise
I think using cracked software for hobbyists, that don't make a dime out of it can be considered as learning or extended evaluation.

Yup, like running a copy of Reaper beyond 60 days without a paid license... 

If you open it once a year just to tweak themes and learn your way around it. Not in case you do some work, like complete projects, particularly, paid-for recording/arranging/mixing.
2018/02/03 20:31:16
kitekrazy1
Soundwise
I think using cracked software for hobbyists, that don't make a dime out of it can be considered as learning or extended evaluation. But pros, who sell their services world-wide advising their customers to use cracked software break all rules. I believe, such people should be banned on commercial platforms.

I don't want to derail this about using cracks but with something as large as Udemy lets something slip through the cracks the developer goes after the big guy.  We are in an age where there is a fluctuation of competition in the software market where quality can be had at a low cost and even free.
2018/02/03 21:26:48
abacab
Well Udemy did not crack FL Studio, or distribute a cracked copy.  According to your post, a student apparently did.  And if an instructor participated, it's on the instructor. too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account