2018/02/10 16:01:13
The Maillard Reaction

2018/02/10 16:10:41
scook
There is only one set of binaries for Melodyne 4. The license used enables the Essential, Assistant, Editor or Studio feature set. For ARA to work the VST3 plug-in must be installed.
2018/02/10 16:26:56
marled
No special steps, just use Region FX on a track to use Melodyne in Sonar (see documentation)!
2018/02/10 16:45:38
jude77
I've got 4 as well, but ARA insists on using Essential.  I've done the usual uninstalls, reinstall everything and stll it uses Essential.  What the heck am I doing wrong?
2018/02/10 16:53:06
The Maillard Reaction

2018/02/10 17:04:24
scook
Celemony now create personalized installers pre-configured with the appropriate license and feature set. Make sure to download the current version from your Celemony account. If the wrong version is runnibg, contact Celemony support.
2018/02/10 17:54:48
marled
I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but I think the Melodyne VST DLL is also important. So if you have multiple versions of the DLL in different folders this could also be a problem. I am not sure if ARA uses the VST3 DLL?
2018/02/10 18:12:08
JonD
jude77
I've got 4 as well, but ARA insists on using Essential.  I've done the usual uninstalls, reinstall everything and stll it uses Essential.  What the heck am I doing wrong?

I've never had different versions of Melodyne simultaneously installed, but surely you can remove Essential and still keep Editor (or whatever version you use)?  In short, why are you reinstalling everything?  Is there no option to just install the version you use?
2018/02/10 18:40:29
scook
marled
 I am not sure if ARA uses the VST3 DLL?

I am. ARA is one of the reasons Cakewalk added VST3 support to SONAR. AFAIK, all the Region FX tools in SONAR are VST3 based plug-ins except for V-Vocal which predated ARA and VST3 support. It does not use ARA instead relies on a proprietary interface.

Here is an easy test, move the Melodyne VST3 file out of the scan path and see if SONAR can create a Region FX clip using Melodyne.
2018/02/10 18:44:40
scook
JonD
 but surely you can remove Essential and still keep Editor (or whatever version you use)?  In short, why are you reinstalling everything?  Is there no option to just install the version you use?

It is all based on the license installed. There is only one vst3 plug-in, it is either Essential and Editor depending on the license. The Essential installer supplied by Cakewalk should be used only on the initial install, if you have no previous Melodyne license. After that it is best to forget about the Cakewalk supplied Melodyne installer and use only the personalized installers supplied from your Celemony account.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account